• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

She is coming, you have been warned

dextronaut

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Pacific Northwest
she is coming, you have been warned:

theoldtrader.png

Aww your forgot her broomstick and her black cat... A nice cauldron wouldnt go amiss either.

Dont like this model, not into witchcraft.

she did have a very witchlike feel to her. she would do a simple hand gesture then stand there frozen. always felt eerie.

I don't get it, what are you planning to do? And do you have permission to use that model?

she is the original trader from the mod days. i am bringing her back because i loathe the new trader we have. shes rude and doesnt fit the theme. many static meshes and textures are ported from KF mod to KF retail. very few are actually new.

Upvote 0
Cool trader is cool, but I still want multiple traders, not that same old ones. A different trader per shop in the map. Not only would that be cool, but it'd make more sense than the same annoying hoe in every shop (clones?!) and we'd more easily know which shop it was instead of following the stupid red line which isn't always accurate and sometimes takes the longest route.

Upvote 0
The old trader is cool, i have more respect for her:D Will you be animating her to move like the current one? would look a bit weird if she stood motionless.

i wish :-( sadly the only thing ive been able to get back is her static mesh, without the animations. unless alex shines some light on the subject. either way though, she looks CREEPY as hell standing there. on the bright side though, the old trader didnt have many motions, she would wave her arm like, "come in" then just stand there and wait.

if they were to bring her back officially, id want her to return just the way she is, but also with some voice lines in a raspy female voice. like a witch almost haha.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nostalgia is great and all but the new trader does fit in the new game-world a lot more than the odd-looking witch.

If the witch were more fitting in the current scenarios then Tripwire would have modelled the new trader more like her.

I don't like the way the trader teleports so I wish there were several traders, one for each trader-room, but that's really part of a different topic.

Upvote 0
Nostalgia is great and all but the new trader does fit in the new game-world a lot more than the odd-looking witch.

If the witch were more fitting in the current scenarios then Tripwire would have modelled the new trader more like her.

I don't like the way the trader teleports so I wish there were several traders, one for each trader-room, but that's really part of a different topic.

100% agreed.

Upvote 0