• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-PubV1

Haydies

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 17, 2009
South Australia, AUS
My First Killing Floor map. I reckon its pretty good.

Screenshots:
pub3.jpg

pub4.jpg

Download Here:
http://www.filefront.com/14088357/KF-PubV1.zip

Enjoy!

Last edited:
well I don't see enough screenies to warrant a download, just 2 square rooms and West London's skybox (not that there is anything wrong with copying a skybox).

Why don't you tell us a bit about it like what you set out to achieve and what kind of experience players can expect. And screenshots of some of the other rooms (don't need a lot of screenies, just enough to give us an idea of the scope and detail of your map)

Upvote 0
And you wonder why no one values your opinion...

Map looks good dude, keep up the hard work!

Mirror: [url]http://www.gamerslifeline.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=554[/URL]

So you get a better understanding of how good your map is in comparison to others by the "AWESOME" "Map of the year!" responses that everyone is saying in every damn thread?

Let's be honest, it's ok for a first map but these things need work:
Textures:
needs the most work of all, having a room in the same texture only works in 2 instances: a padded room in an assylum and a cave, and that room looks like neither.

Lighting:
Too dark and too bland, try giving some more realistic colors to lights other than white. And don't turn rooms into discos, that just looks bad.

ps: fire gives off light.

Upvote 0
So you get a better understanding of how good your map is in comparison to others by the "AWESOME" "Map of the year!" responses that everyone is saying in every damn thread?

I would have said this myself but...no one on here has enough sense to listen. People should really stop spewing out maps that look obviously incomplete, as if they were worked on for a day. I understand that there are newcomers to mapmaking - I am one myself - but to release a map when there are still noticeable faults with? Imo, There are a few questions you should ask yourself before you release a map for the first time - most of which center around looks and realism:

1) Are the meshes/textures/brushes resized to proportion?
2) What is emitting light, where does it come from, and how strong would the source be?
3) Is the layout of the map logical (if in a building or manmade structure)?or are there just a bunch of random rooms connected to random halls?
4) Visually, what does your map have to offer? Does it have the same feel of quality as the stock maps, with enough detail and ambience?

There are many ideas out there that have so much potential yet almost none of them are executed to such a limit. When I play the custom maps, I find myself running through them once and never playing them again, just because it doesn't bring anything new or interesting to the table and it's not as good or fun as the stock maps.

As far as this map goes, there needs to be some major resizing...everything was huge.. There's a lot of suggestions and advice I could give you, but at this point you should make sure you have the layout you want and then fix the details.

Upvote 0