• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server lag issues after a few minutes

LordTuck

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 28, 2009
Command line: server KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecure=true?MaxPlayers=6?

On my server, after about 10 minutes, players lag out. A player reported it as this: "I'm still "connected", it's just whatever action was preformed last by the monsters, they keep doing (walking in the same direction, into a wall, and keep walking while against the wall)."

I've searched this forum and see players complaining, but as a server operator, I'd like to know how to fix this. I run my own dedicated box.

Did you read the sticky? About changing your rates?

It's called "Player Disconnect Fix for Servers" it may help your problem as you didn't say you tried that, so one would assume that you DIDNT

As with all the error reports, you have seemed to fail to give any details that could actually help, nice command line though, it seems like you copied it out of the bat file. So that's a great help.

Any setting changed in your killingfloor.ini? There's a sticky that says it helps to post that. You should only bother posting that if you have made changes to it.

You run your own server?
Nice, what kind HP/IBM/etc ? Oh and the important stuff, like how much ram/cpu/hdd etc etc. We have no idea what you are running it on it.

What about your ISP, you know, that connection that running any online server kinda relies on to connect and allow the players to connect to?

What kind of upload/downoad speed do you have?

What other processes are running and does the server have any other roles?

My guess is you didn't read the sticky, the rest is just incase I was wrong about the sticky reading (and I was a bit bored at work.....)

Upvote 0
Any setting changed in your killingfloor.ini?

You run your own server?

Nice, what kind HP/IBM/etc? Oh and the important stuff, like how much ram/cpu/hdd etc etc.

What about your ISP, you know, that connection that running any online server kinda relies on to connect and allow the players to connect to?

What kind of upload/downoad speed do you have?

What other processes are running and does the server have any other roles?

Hello, I'm a regular on his servers, and I got most of the information you requested:

Some computer specs:

Upvote 0
If it were me, I'd ask them to move me to another less populated box and see if that made any difference. Too, they may or may not be aware that this engine does not multi-thread.

The 2GB of memory and 7 other servers kind of bothers me. But without looking at the processes and their memory consumption, I couldn't comment.

For certain, you are not getting your money's worth. If they won't help you fix a stock install....I'd suggest moving on.

Upvote 0
If it were me, I'd ask them to move me to another less populated box and see if that made any difference. Too, they may or may not be aware that this engine does not multi-thread.

The 2GB of memory and 7 other servers kind of bothers me. But without looking at the processes and their memory consumption, I couldn't comment.

For certain, you are not getting your money's worth. If they won't help you fix a stock install....I'd suggest moving on.

Yep, pretty spot on as always Floyd. Oh, and thanks for the extra info Sylux. It looks like I was too busy playing to reply in time.

Upvote 0