• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Crossbow - Cost Cutting

White Cultist

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 20, 2009
Okay Ill admit firstly, I haven't looked that into it to see if anyone else has mentioned it first but here we go.

I Finally bought the crossbow for the first time today, and when the round was over and I went back to the merchant to re buy the ammo for it I was shocked to find it would cost

The xbow cost has to be a bug, really. It's absurd. I could see Tripwire slightly raising the cost of the weapon itself (tho I'm not sure its overall effectiveness in battle really warrants such an increase, especially when the lever-action rifle is so inexpensive), but there's no doubt that the ammo needs to come down in price a lot.

Upvote 0
The crossbow cuts through 4 enemies at once and has good headshot damage which kind of justifies the extremely high cost of bolts. A good Sharpshooter can kill an FP with a few well placed bolts (several threads on here and the Steam forums have chewed out the exact numbers so I won't bother).

Also, most bolts can be recovered from the ground within about 10 seconds of firing the crossbow. So not only can you replenish some of your spent ammo, but you can pull of multiple headshots and do insane damage to FPs and the Patriarch from a safe distance putting yourself in no danger. Those few attributes make the crossbow worth the cost per bolt imo.

The fact that it's cheaper to rebuy full than replenish ammo is weird but I think the Hunting Shotgun and LAW are both like that as well? Lvl 5 support can buy a fully loaded hunting shotgun for 299... costs more than that to fill it completely I think.

Upvote 0
Yeah, Tripwire needs to fix that.

Sure expierenced players may think they're very 'smart' to know that selling a weapon and rebuying it is cheaper than refilling ammo, but it is just a nuisance and doesn't make a lot of sense.

It is a similar case to when you could change perks however times you wanted and could get free money by switching perks back and forth and buying/selling weapons.

It's just a technical detail.These things happen for new games all the time, that's why patches are there :p

Upvote 0