• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Well, that was an interesting game. Saw a few things...

nutterbutter

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Playing a 3 man HoE game on Biotics.

Killed 5 gorefasts with one shot from HSG.
In the same wave, I shot a bloat 6 times with the HSG before the died.

On wave 10, 4 FPs spawned at the same time in the room to the right off spawn.

Point blank shotgun bug is still there.

I also had a very cool kill with Vlad the Impaler. I fired a shot that missed a gorefast, traveled down the hall, ricocheted off the far wall, and decapitated the gorefast from behind. It trigger zedtime as well so the head popping off was in slow motion.

I also had a very cool kill with Vlad the Impaler. I fired a shot that missed a gorefast, traveled down the hall, ricocheted off the far wall, and decapitated the gorefast from behind. It trigger zedtime as well so the head popping off was in slow motion.

Spoiler!

That's awesome...I would've paid to see that.

Upvote 0
Playing a 3 man HoE game on Biotics.

Killed 5 gorefasts with one shot from HSG.
In the same wave, I shot a bloat 6 times with the HSG before the died.

On wave 10, 4 FPs spawned at the same time in the room to the right off spawn.

Point blank shotgun bug is still there.

The Vlad+walls=Winning. The only time the Vlad isn't garbage, best use of it isn't direct firing at the zeds but at the feet in front of them so the the ricochets shred the mob twice or trice before disappearing.

Upvote 0
I'm guessing he means that at point-blank it's almost impossible to get headshots with the shotgun, seems to always bodyshot instead. I've noticed it myself quite often, REALLY bad against Gorefasts.

A fun trick you can do with shotguns is to aim for the neck and have the shotgun blasts go through both the head and body hitboxes at once. Apparently, I've heard it double registers the shots going through both hitboxes at once. But this is only speculation of rumor on my part.

Upvote 0
I'm guessing he means that at point-blank it's almost impossible to get headshots with the shotgun, seems to always bodyshot instead. I've noticed it myself quite often, REALLY bad against Gorefasts.

No, he is referring to the reduced/no damage bug that happens occasionally with point plank shots with the shotgun. Gores die in one shot with the pumpy anyway; and with penetration, the only excuse that you would have for being hit by a gore would be it coming up behind you; so I don't know what you are on about.

Upvote 0