• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Collaborative community weapon?

May i know is the L86 A2 with longer barrel for sniping?

While it was being built for LMG role, it turned out to be mediocre at that, and supplemented by Minimi para (That is a short version of M249 AR for americans). It has some succes in a sort of long range single shot role.

[url]http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg37-e.htm[/URL]

More reliable source could be needed, though.

Upvote 0
Hello, I've been reading up on the more recent posts, and I see that some of the ideas that my clan has been independently working on, have actually been discussed at length here - an example is the healing zombie, where i also started out with a siren but realized it gets graphically messy and the zombies have no prior code that deals with "walk towards other zombies if they need health.. otherwise duck for cover?"

I will be very interested in seeing Jack-Carvers new weapons once they are out, and I would really appreciate it if you, or anyone else could send me the hand model for KF, I recently got stuck on that same point and I still havent managed to export the relevant anims/meshes to get this into 3ds max.

For the past months I've been trying to figure out all these segments of game modding on my own/through hard googling and asking coworkers (I work with a few people from the game industry.. lucky me ;D), but it would go so much quicker if things that have already been figured out were shared in a more direct way than it is now.

So I propose that a coalition is formed, where stand-alone changes or packs (like a mutator/mod) are shared freely, with mutual respect/credits given obviously. I'll be willing to share anything I've got right now, although it's not alot, but due to various reasons (incomplete works, some copying with missing references) I can't do that too openly right now.. and I'd rather it was a group that had this kind of code/material access so that things dont get out of hand.

In any case, I'll be picking up any kind of weapon/zombie mod that shows up on these forums, and hosting it on my own game server to create a KF-Plus/Action KF style gameserver, this is on top of playerlimit being increased to 16 players, and with the perkreplacement mod on, as I doubt the current features could be whitelisted.
I can host several servers if a full mod comes along and needs a place to be tried out independently aswell, which I did with cheetahs vehicle mod for a month or so.. btw great work on that :)

What I've learned so far/can contribute with:

* Most coding aspects of UE3, although it seems that the horizon moves every time you make a realization about something, so i find it hard to tell at which stage of understanding I am right now

* Basic effects (this is mostly code, but i can do basic stuff in PS too)

* Creation/alteration and import of static meshes

* I'm on an early learning stage of skeletalmeshes and animations, but i had my first successfull import yesterday - with much celebration, although I did DL the entire thing in an outdated 3ds max format, and really just used the ActorX plugin to export/combine the files that i downloaded.
But getting it from 3ds max and into the game without loosing quality/crashing the editor has been a challenge for me in the past few weeks.

* Ideas... this is the thing most people can help out with, without any prior modding experience ;)

Well, I have several pages on google docs with ideas and progress so far, and maybe around 60 altered codefiles, where maybe 90% is extensions/activation of things in the KF/RO/UE code repository, but usually in new and weird ways :D
If anyone wants a peek at this, PM me as I'm not ready to publish this to the 'net just yet.

But I'd really like to take some of these good ideas, and I've read -alot- of good ideas on this forum and others, and make them happen in KF.. with or without TWI's whitelisting, although that would be great if it can be done too.

Edit: My steam ID is dgram1337

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well after talking with Jack Carver I understand that TWI intends to change the hardcoded limits that make adding weapons to the trader a much larger modification than most of us would like to do.

Does anyone have an inkling when this can happen though?

That would obviously be the best solution in the long run, but in the meanwhile; if anyone wants to work together making another weapon let me know

Upvote 0
Well after talking with Jack Carver I understand that TWI intends to change the hardcoded limits that make adding weapons to the trader a much larger modification than most of us would like to do.

Does anyone have an inkling when this can happen though?

That would obviously be the best solution in the long run, but in the meanwhile; if anyone wants to work together making another weapon let me know

Great to have you on board!

I'm not sure about the coding, I'm just organizing this, I don't really have any experience

So I'll start this thing rolling by sending information to the team, it seems we agree on the M4 Super 90, so unless we get any objections, I'll assume that's what we're working with.

Upvote 0
Do we have a model?
Otherwise this might be a good start:
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3ds-benelli-super-90-m4/378865
m4super90%204.jpga0ffe72c-854f-4be4-8048-a6d1bc250931Large.jpg

Upvote 0
At the moment we don't

I can't get into contact with the modeler who signed up

If you want to drop the 2$ for that model, I'd greatly appreciate it. (don't want to sign up and all of that, plus it would be a lot more awesome if this weapon was 100% made from scratch, it would show a lot about this forum's ingenuity and dedication.)
otherwise We'll have to find a new modeler

But thanks for the find, we can keep it in mind!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what the hell?

dont buy models, what are you lazy?
Get motivated and not purchase work but instead make it.

if not ill make it.

i've already pumped out about 8 or 9 weaps in like 1 week

i'll do it for free

l8s

Awesome! Thanks for helping us out!
Can I get an estimated time to complete and how detailed you're making it?

Because I don't care how long it takes as long as it is on par with the other killing floor models.

Again, thanks for doing this!

Upvote 0