• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to UnRealEd - question

Harleqwin

Jul 19, 2006
I have a real newb question. I am going thru the SDK tutorial that I donwloaded from here. The basic concepts I understand; the thing that is stumping me; How can I select a surface in the 3-D presentation pane?

I have created the cube with brickwork texture. The tutorial tells me to click and select one side of the cube, it should highlight or darken. Then it says to right-click and choose "Select all surfaces" from the pop up context menu.

After reading 2 basic tutorials / guides for UnRealEd, I cannot find out what am doing wrong.
I have tried clicking in the 3-D presentation pane, both left click and right click. Have tried shift clicking, alt clicking, and ctrl clicking. The only thing I can do when clicking in this pane, is to rotate the view/ camera angle. I can hit "Select all surfaces" from the tool menu option "edit" at the top, but cannot select a single surface...

any help would be greatly apprecciated.