Zynthetic - "Spine"

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Colt .45 killer

Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2006
if you really like the song and you have ways of downloading it or already have it, then you can manually put it in the game. however i will say this song does sound 'kf'ish and could fit quite well.

Nanostrike

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2009
if you really like the song and you have ways of downloading it or already have it, then you can manually put it in the game. however i will say this song does sound 'kf'ish and could fit quite well.

It "Sounds KF-ish" because it WAS originally in KF back in the mod days. ANd it was perfect. Bring this one back if possible!

Fel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 9, 2009
In Mission Mode
i love all the music from the mod, and i think it should be all brought back. especially if we are gonna port more maps from the mod. Also I think spine is a bad *** song, and i would love to put it in my lvl and lvls to come

Raj

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 27, 2009
also, on a sidenote, please make the scrake say, "Look at me, i'm messy"

Finally somebody besides me who misses stuff from kf mod ;)

Anyway, i think this track is used in Oldetower, but i'm not sure 100%. Never had a chance to play this map in kf game since no server has it uploaded :(

But i think too that it should be in some official map. The more the better! Really good music!

RetroX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 27, 2009
Finland
I was actually hoping to hear Spine and/or Decreplica in KF-Foundry. Hopefully they'll be in the game at some point. Altough I'm not sure if nothing's stopping you from putting the songs in-game by yourself, by editing the .int files in the System folder. I think I'm gonna try it right now...

EDIT: Bleh no. I guess you can always overwrite some of the songs... maybe.

Last edited:

dextronaut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 26, 2009
Pacific Northwest
im actually a bit confused why Zynthetic/TWI didnt add more of the great KF songs from the mod. sure they added a few like Bled Dry. but theyre missing some really good ones like:

Spine

Decreplica

Restless Dreams

Lets Play With Zombies

Chainsaw Chaos

hopefully these show up in the next KF map.

Riut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 14, 2009
Kill 'em with style.

Freak.

Two of my favourites. Also have you noticed that the new tracks that were added only play in Foundry and none of the other maps? Why dat.

Last edited:

dextronaut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 26, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Kill 'em with style.

Freak.

Two of my favourites. Also have you noticed that the new tracks that were added only play in Foundry and none of the other maps? Why dat.

its something you do in UE. you place a music trigger actor, then you type in the tracklist of stuff that will play in the map you just made. however, they couldve gone back and edited the other map's music tracklist but, no big deal.

Riut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 14, 2009
its something you do in UE. you place a music trigger actor, then you type in the tracklist of stuff that will play in the map you just made. however, they couldve gone back and edited the other map's music tracklist but, no big deal.

Oh I know why they don't play, I was mainly just wondering why the maps hadn't been edited to allow the music to play.

dextronaut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 26, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Oh I know why they don't play, I was mainly just wondering why the maps hadn't been edited to allow the music to play.

could be a few reasons. its just not much of a big deal. so far no one has been raging about it so its not up there on the list to constantly change the tracklist aroudn.

what would be nice is have 2 categories:

1 trader music, and 2 wave music. then there be a script that randomizes the trader music during the trader, and then randomizing the wave music during the wave.

zYnthetic

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 20, 2009
Atlanta-ish
www.zynthetic.com
I don't think anyone else is going to answer since I made to call for several reasons I'm not going to get into, at least right now. They may or may not return.
For history's sake, Spine shipped w/ KFMod since 1.0 but bc of a recurring forgetful error was never implemented. While Murder/Suicide, Parandemic, (and On Contact) were written for KFMod2.0 they were omitted from the release though you might find them used in a few custom maps.

Ihmhi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 7, 2009
www.asseater.org
I like the music, but it's not something that really suits KF imo. I never played the mod but it doesn't feel right without some nice and heavy rock.

dextronaut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 26, 2009
Pacific Northwest
I don't think anyone else is going to answer since I made to call for several reasons I'm not going to get into, at least right now. They may or may not return.
For history's sake, Spine shipped w/ KFMod since 1.0 but bc of a recurring forgetful error was never implemented. While Murder/Suicide, Parandemic, (and On Contact) were written for KFMod2.0 they were omitted from the release though you might find them used in a few custom maps.

please make it happen. they are good songs and they dont deserve to be forgotten, i and other vets of KF remember how good these songs were, and we want to see them back.

dextronaut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 26, 2009
Pacific Northwest

you know the songs good, you know spine belongs there, and you know it will make one 22 year old Polish KF player very happy. so why not go for it and have it featured as a track in the next KF map? if not Spine then Decreplica, both are win win.