• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Zerker Weapon upgrade options for some weapons - x2?

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
This is likely not something we can expect at this point, but any chance we could double up on some melee weapons?

Even dual knives would be pretty fun to slice and dice with. Maybe make this a final upgrade option for those with a lot of dosh? [i'm thinking of Endless mode mostly here].

Keep it in line with the progressive damage increase found in the previous upgrades?

Example -> say a weapon can be upgraded twice currently.

1st upgrade damage x 1.2 + 1 weight
2nd upgrade damage x 1.5 + 2 weight
3rd upgrade damage x 1.8 + 4 weight

I know - the math doesn't necessarily make sense [2 of the same weapon should be damage X 2 by default), but it's a video game so work with me here lol.

Maybe this is easier to implement than I think since the weapons are already in the game? I just assume a lot of new animations would be needed since you cannot currently do this with any of the zerk gear.

`edit`

Just to clarify - I don't think this should be an option for all of the weapons, but I could certainly see someone wielding 2 katanas, crovels, knives, and maybe a pulverizer? Hemoclobber probably shouldn't be an option since the assumption would be it heals twice as much with 2...

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, dual weapons are actually of very poor efficiency IRL. It looks stylish for sure, but it's not very practical. Then again, the gunslinger is all about dual-wielding sooo...

But yeah, I think the most complicated thing would be to create a whole new set of animation to go along with it. And besides the katanas, I don't really see how you'd do it anyway. How would you handle two pulverizers at the same time? That just doesn't seem possible.

Upvote 0