• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Zeds Crash Another Holiday Party

Mercs,

Just in time for those of you looking for a lovely location to spend a Winter holiday, Hozine will be sending you to the English countryside for an operation named aptly, Crash.

crashmapprev02.jpg

A Horzine cargo train is at the center of this outbreak. We need eyes on this incident that needs to be investigated. Horzine wants to know what’s left of the cargo. Secure the area while seeking what may have led to this accident.

crashscreen02.png

Initial recon has sent few reports back about the site and conditions. Bundle up, we do know you’ll be facing icy conditions and a bitter chill. A few detours have been marked to help you maneuver around the grounds with a bit more ease if you bring along a shotgun powerful enough to give you a boost.

crashscreen03.png

This industrial complex looked to be preparing for the holidays, just like the rest of us. Clear out the threat of zeds. The staff and everyone else have been run off. Strangely enough, It seems somehow that these halls were bustling with activity just days ago, however whoever they were seemed to have fled.

crashmapprev01.jpg

Since the zeds moved in, it looks as though they may have been doing a bit of decorating of their own for the season. Decking the halls and other areas with their own version of “cheer” the area has a disturbing feeling to it with their questionable taste in decor.
crashscreen04.png

Horzine has stressed that this plant must get back up and running again in a timely manner. It likely has something to do with all the gifts and other holiday goods found littering the grounds. We need our bravest mercs to explore the multiple levels of this complex terminating anything in your way. From the higher peaks on the buildings to the depths of the sewers, this place must be cleaned out and the zed leader dealt with so we can get that holiday cargo where it needs to be.

Crash is the latest Official Community map to be added to the game, created by community level designer Tamari.

First squads will be sent out to the “Crash” with the new weapons expected in the coming weeks (subject to change as development continues) for PC mercs as an opt in beta.

Reactions: Psyk0tik
Besides the Xmas decoration (but that's probably because I don't like the holidays even IRL), I really dig the looks of that map ! But it's probably because it reminds me a lot of the original "Crash" map from the first game. That's a nice hommage, although it would have been even crazier if the same creators came back for KF2! Glad it takes place during the day as well.

I also gotta compliment your presentation this time around. Lately, it seemed like you usually posted only a single picture to tease the new map... At least here we can picture a better idea of how the map looks and plays.

Upvote 0
Besides the Xmas decoration (but that's probably because I don't like the holidays even IRL), I really dig the looks of that map ! But it's probably because it reminds me a lot of the original "Crash" map from the first game. That's a nice hommage, although it would have been even crazier if the same creators came back for KF2! Glad it takes place during the day as well.

I also gotta compliment your presentation this time around. Lately, it seemed like you usually posted only a single picture to tease the new map... At least here we can picture a better idea of how the map looks and plays.
You can also subscribe to it on the workshop if you really want to get an up-close look at it, there's a night version as well. It's a fun map that's not over-the-top with any weird gimmicks or out-of-place visual elements.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0

U dnt like holidays of what/why ?

Still no Beta 1 at least released and 15 days left for ofificial Season month. Beta 1 launches majorly of the time at 1st week of pre-month season, beta 2 second fortnight with finally the official month season to go. Whats going on TW ?

Upvote 0
U dnt like holidays of what/why ?

Still no Beta 1 at least released and 15 days left for ofificial Season month. Beta 1 launches majorly of the time at 1st week of pre-month season, beta 2 second fortnight with finally the official month season to go. Whats going on TW ?
If it really interests you, I just don't think much of them. As a bartender, New Year's Eve is one of the hardest days of the year. My family never did much for Xmas. I don't like Christmas songs nor decorations. And it's been a while since I received gifts ! So it's just regular life for me, with the addition of the same irritating tropes each and every year on top.

And calm down dude. You can count on a beta launch next week most probably. Just play another game or something. Especially considering the same is gonna happen as with every update : people will come back one weekend to try out the new things, earn their limited edition item, and move on.

I would like to buy colored bullets for machine guns 😅

Oh please no. The game is already enough of a cluster****

Upvote 0
@Kittenittens: Shotgun jumps, really? Map feature limited to 3 perks? As if the stupid weapons weren't enough...

I wouldn't even say so. The only shotguns that can truly make you fly upwards are the boomstick and doomstick, and none of them are crossperked. But well, you can always use them off-perk... Plus, we don't know what it could mean just yet. Maybe the support of the game can use its shotgun to activate something that will benefit the whole team?

Nobody complains that the Soldier and Demoman are the only ones able to explosive jump in TF2.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't even say so. The only shotguns that can truly make you fly upwards are the boomstick and doomstick, and none of them are crossperked. But well, you can always use them off-perk... Plus, we don't know what it could mean just yet. Maybe the support of the game can use its shotgun to activate something that will benefit the whole team?

Nobody complains that the Soldier and Demoman are the only ones able to explosive jump in TF2.
Surv can use them both.

And KF2 isn't TF2. Jumps using sticky bombs and rockets are a feature of the latter, when the shotgun jump is just a by-product of recoil in the former.

Upvote 0
Surv can use them both.

And KF2 isn't TF2. Jumps using sticky bombs and rockets are a feature of the latter, when the shotgun jump is just a by-product of recoil in the former.
And so? The point is still that only a select few can use that neat little trick. It's common for class/character-based games to give some abilities to a few and not to others.

Sure, calling it a "feature" in KF2's case would be a stretch, but it's definitely intended. It was already doable in the first game and has been a part of KF2 since the very beginning (considering the Boomstick was there on release). So while you don't see people shotgunning their way out like a TF2's soldier rocket jumps, it's still something Tripwire thought of. It's just that no map ever played with verticality before.

Upvote 0