• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Zed spawners not detecting custom mesh visibility

Rabidbutton

Aug 7, 2017
Hi, I've spent a lot of time trying to figure this one out. Domestic blindness may have struck yet again but basically when the zeds have "Out Of Sight" unchecked and I load my level in KF2 they will only spawn for instance if I place an official model in the way.

They won't treat my custom static meshes as a visible barrier and I have compared the settings in both actor and static mesh properties which appear to be the same from the official static mesh to the custom one.

Anybody know how to fix this issue? Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:
Figured it out. The physical material was set to glass and I was under the impression that it would only affect the projectile mark visuals and sound effects. Apparently it also treats the object as if it's see through when it's not and tells the spawners not to trigger. How weird is that? Definitely a bit of a nuisance haha

Upvote 0
Interesting. Theres also another option you can click on under the static mesh properties that might work if you still need to use the glass physical material.

Go to Static Mesh Component > Collision and mess with the ForceVisibilityCollision bool. Static Mesh Component > Collision > RBCollide with Channels > VisibilityCollision also can be played with.

I've had to change these on some meshes to stop zed occlusion culling.

Upvote 0