• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ZB-30/MG-30(t) for Germans/Waffen-SS

Wasn't the Spandau the name of an MG42 produced in a certain factory? Well... At least I got that impression from The Forgotten Soldier. (Great book)

The 'Spandau' was made at the famous factory in Spandau, a huge citadel in north-west Berlin (where nerve gas research on Tabun and Sarin was also carried out).

The name Spandau was the nickname given to the MG34 by the Allies but was later applied to the MG42 as well as i have read many allied accounts of Spandaus referring to both types of MGs.

Upvote 0
and only if those dogs are a playable class :D scharfe bombe hund or something haha:p

SHAMBEH BAMBEH DAGGEH

I want the Spandeau!

spandauballet.jpg
?

Give the Allies three rifles to choose from while the Germans are left with one?

That's just not cricket.

No, seriously, what?

Yeah but one of them is redundant.

And Germans have 2 semi-auto rifles as well.

I saw in some documentary that Sweden had a secret operation to train seals to plant mines on sub marines. I demand bomb seals. :p

Isn't that dolphins? Or was that a different country?

Upvote 0
RPD looks way too post war/ cold war area to fit into the RO era. But, I still would like to see another Russian MG.

Thats just because it looks like the AK-47 (all the people who think Kalashnikov borrowed from the STG should have a look at the RPD!).

Thats unimportant though, the real question is, was it used?

Im not at all sure though, it predates the SKS, and the SKS was actually used in small numbers, as a trial by fire, so its certainly not unthinkable, but i haven't found any references that suggests it was fielded durring WWII.

Upvote 0
The ZB-30 machine gun was also used by Romanian forces on the Eastern front as well.So if they ever get added to RO it could go to them too.

http://www.worldwar2.ro/arme/?article=283

taman1.JPG

Romanian soldiers firing a ZB 30 LMG during the fights in the Taman Peninsula in the summer of 1943

It was by no means some obscure gun.It was used to great extent by Romanian and German forces(on both fronts I might add) throughout the war.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by ZSU-23
The ZB-30 machine gun was also used by Romanian forces on the Eastern front as well.So if they ever get added to RO it could go to them too.
It's not official but this new Romanian forces RO mod is still win. From the site:
Four new weapons including a new light machine gun.
Get familiar with the equipment of the Romanians and fire out 800 rounds per minute with their LMG!
I think they might be refering to the ZB-30, though the rpm seems too high so maybe not.

Upvote 0