• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ZB-30/MG-30(t) for Germans/Waffen-SS

ZSU-23

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
This will allow for the Germans/Waffen-SS to have two machine guns to choose from in 1941 map(s) and three to choose from from 1942+ map(s).

MG 30(t) is the german designation for the czechoslovakian ZB 1930 light machine gun. During the production of the ZB 1926 the weapon had been continously improved in different aspects, an intermediate model was called ZB 1927. This development eventually resulted in the improved ZB 1930 model, the most visible change being the relocation of the gas-pressure vent away from the muzzle to a position roughly halfway of the barrel. There was also an export version that was changed to be more tolerant to accept a wider range of ammunitions of differing manufacturing quality under the designation ZB 1930 J.
A major customer of this latter model was Yugoslavia with 15,500 weapons bought. Other major international customers of the ZB 1930 were Romania with 17,131 ( a later ally of germany on the eastern front in WW II) and turkey with 9,805 of these machine guns. It should also be noted that this weapon was the basis of the ZGB 1933 that became widely known as the british Bren light machine gun. Weapons of the type ZB 1926 or ZB 1930 also were sometimes called ZB-machineguns or Holek-machineguns after their inventor.
With the occupation of czechoslovakia in 1939 the germans captured 31,204 machine guns of the types ZB 1926 and ZB 1930, mostly the latter. From these, 1,500 were sold to Bulgaria. The ZB 1930 was integrated into german army service under the designation MG 30(t). Production of the weapon was continued under german occupation for the german forces: 10,430 were produced for the SS. In 1941 production was switched over to the german MG 34 and production of the MG 30(t) / ZB 1930 ceased.
The MG 30(t) had the same basic layout as its predecessor, the MG 26(t). Caliber was still 7.92mm Mauser. The range of the sights was increased to 2,000m. The weapon used straight or curved 20-round magazines. Other data: Length 117cm, barrel length 60cm, weight (empty) 9.65kg, rate of fire 600/min, V0 = 760 m/s.

http://www.geocities.com/pizzatest/panzerfaust5.htm#mg30(t)

Click thumbnail for high resolution pic:

Give the Axis 3 machine guns to choose from while the Allies are left with 1?

That's just not cricket.

The only other machine gun that I can think of to give to the Soviets would be the DPM for use in 1944 and 1945 maps.

dpmlm8.jpg

Upvote 0
I think everyone knows my view on mine-dogs: they'll only get in-game if we can play them first-person, along with suitable voice commands "Woof. Woof. Grrr." and a choice of weapons - teeth or claws. I guess the "taunt" voice commands would have to be replaced with the "leg cocking" action.

Oh - and the Bren was a sort-of derivative of the ZB.

Upvote 0
I think everyone knows my view on mine-dogs: they'll only get in-game if we can play them first-person, along with suitable voice commands "Woof. Woof. Grrr." and a choice of weapons - teeth or claws. I guess the "taunt" voice commands would have to be replaced with the "leg cocking" action.

Oh - and the Bren was a sort-of derivative of the ZB.

No shovels then?

Upvote 0
Give the Axis 3 machine guns to choose from while the Allies are left with 1?

That's just not cricket.
That is a ridiculous statement what other MG could the Russians get and besides if one works great why have the option to include others?
There are other instances where the Germans get a lesser number of options for a certain class of weapon.

Upvote 0
From what I understand, it's very similar to the Bren gun (or the French equivalent LMG).

That's because the Bren was based on this MG. Designed by the 'Czech Armaments' factory at Brno it was manufactured by the 'Royal Small Arms Factory' at Enfield Lock (England), hence the name Bren (BRno + ENfield).

Someone was moaning about not having the Maxim - i too would like to see this added on some of the early war maps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unp8aOQSwS8&mode=related&search=

Upvote 0