• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

youtube has a new site layout

I only hate change when is bad and forced, and this one is.

I don't want my youtube page cluttered with social network BS, I loathe anything related to facebook and all that crap, its taking space from my suscriptions, and when I log in, with the tied BS to the gmail account crap now It even shows my real name on the front page.

Seriously, what is to like about that?

Upvote 0
I only hate change when is bad and forced, and this one is.

I don't want my youtube page cluttered with social network BS, I loathe anything related to facebook and all that crap, its taking space from my suscriptions, and when I log in, with the tied BS to the gmail account crap now It even shows my real name on the front page.

Seriously, what is to like about that?

Quite so, and this looks like it was designed for a smart phone running portrait mode, half my screen isen't beeing used, everything is mashed togeather at the center so you gotta scroll a lot more, and indeed, there's all the worthless Facebook crap taking up the tiny side panels.

But that's probably exactly what this is, an attempt to make Youtube more smartphone freindly.

And that's nice i guess for smartphone owners, but i'm not one, i am at a PC looking at a widescreen monitor, and i should enjoy using said monitor and the screen realestate it has on offer for my browsing conveniance.

Honestly, if you want to make your webpage more smartphone freindly that's fine, but do it as an option, a button you press to switch layouts between portrait and landscape views.

Reactions: kablooie!
Upvote 0
We've given YouTube a refresh. When you login, you'll be greeted with recent activity from your subscriptions. You can also browse and add new Channels to your homepage. Connect with Google+ and Facebook to share your favorites with friends. There's plenty to discover, so login and give it a spin.

If I want to share videos with friends I will go to facebook like I normally do. If I want to use a pile of piss like google+ that virtually nobody uses I'll give myself a slap.

Last edited:
Upvote 0