• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your highest kills in a game?

You fail :/ Medics are awesome.

I r big fail. You must be pro as I see you say peeps fail all the time.

AND if you have enough time too look at a medic on a suicidal server, and see if hes killing or even tracking his kills then you don't deserve a good medic >_>

Huh?

Medics don't need to kill anything if 4/6 players cant kill **** then that squad fails.

Huh?

6 good players dont need a medic plain and simple. Being a medic not killing anything your just adding more specimens to kill. Yet run around thinking your the total savior is arrogant.

Upvote 0
The point is a bad player of any class on suicidal is useless to the team.

A good medic can be exceptionally useful making sure people get out of tight scrapes and they dont have to stop and heal for a measley 20 Hp every 15 seconds. Any player who fills his role is useful to the team.

Likewise a bad medic who isn't filling his role will get the team killed, just like a Sharpshooter aiming for the clots to buff his kill count rather than take out the fleshpound.

No perk is useless, its all down to the players using them as to whether or not they are good in the team.

Upvote 0
The thread is MOST kills in a game. No one actually cares that you got 0. Anyone can join a game and not kill anything.

How does it feel that anyone afk can tie your score?

Is that person the only one keeping the zerker blocking the stairs alive throughout the whole game, and got another 3k healing points because of it?

I think not.

When i got 0 kills, it is because i wanted a screenshot for the sake of it.

I normally play and get the lowest kills, usually only 100-150 kills.

The point of getting 0 kills is to focus on healing.

I'm still sure you're getting worked up over nothing.

I heal really well, i do my job well, i'm a good medic. What more can you ask for from a player?

At the time, only 1-2 people had an EBR, i laughed and said the EBR is a noobs weapon. But you can't control what weapons people use on a pub server.

Upvote 0
A good team is made up of 1 sharpshooter with a xbow and dual hc's, the rest equal parts commandos and supports.

No medic, zerk, failbug, or lag explosive kill us all perk are required.

A medic on the team that is healing means **** isn't dying fast enough.

Sorry to say this dude, but the aggressiveness of you post kinda prompted me to be point blank and blunt (Kinda kidding btw, but kinda not at the same time ;))

A team consisting of 1 Sharp and 5 Commandos/Support just means the team can't win without using over powered weapons, ergo... the players are crap :rolleyes:

True professionals use things that make the game challengning for them, which is why noone cool uses the P90's, LMG's and auto snipes in Counter Strike or Call Of Duty.

The Medic, Zerker, FIREbug and Demoman all require the use of a brain to play effectively, so to say players are bad because they use them is like saying anyone who tries to play guitar with his fingers instead of a plectrum is an idiot. Yes it may be harder but the rewards for actually achieving it are far greater.

Love your work and contributions to the forum Anth, btw, but I can't stand it when people rip on the firebug, just because its not an instifrag class like everything else is. I personally applaud anyone who experiments with low powered weapons over just going for the easy option all the time. :D

Upvote 0
Sorry to say this dude, but the aggressiveness of you post kinda prompted me to be point blank and blunt (Kinda kidding btw, but kinda not at the same time ;))

A team consisting of 1 Sharp and 5 Commandos/Support just means the team can't win without using over powered weapons, ergo... the players are crap :rolleyes:

True professionals use things that make the game challengning for them, which is why noone cool uses the P90's, LMG's and auto snipes in Counter Strike or Call Of Duty.

The Medic, Zerker, FIREbug and Demoman all require the use of a brain to play effectively, so to say players are bad because they use them is like saying anyone who tries to play guitar with his fingers instead of a plectrum is an idiot. Yes it may be harder but the rewards for actually achieving it are far greater.

Love your work and contributions to the forum Anth, btw, but I can't stand it when people rip on the firebug, just because its not an instifrag class like everything else is. I personally applaud anyone who experiments with low powered weapons over just going for the easy option all the time. :D

Very much so, on a suicidal (i think) as a L3 firebug i came second on the scoreboard for either the whole or most of the time. Like you said, Firebug isn't an instafrag class, and lacks a means to OMGWTFBBQPWN FPs, but a firebug with a katana can handle everything up to a scrake perfectly fine.

So yeah, not a failbug.

Upvote 0
Very much so, on a suicidal (i think) as a L3 firebug i came second on the scoreboard for either the whole or most of the time. Like you said, Firebug isn't an instafrag class, and lacks a means to OMGWTFBBQPWN FPs, but a firebug with a katana can handle everything up to a scrake perfectly fine.

So yeah, not a failbug.

If that is true, you need to find better players.

Upvote 0
Very much so, on a suicidal (i think) as a L3 firebug i came second on the scoreboard for either the whole or most of the time.

Firebugs tend to do well score-wise because they burn damage weak groups so quickly. They can kill a group of 10 clots faster than an m14 spammer or even a good Commando.
It's not surprising to see a firebug have the highest kills, especially for the first few waves.

Upvote 0
Firebug is the king of spam to all, takes skill? Come on, you spray and take the kills till your short ammo filled tank runs out then you have your pistol which we all know is SO useful on suicidal. Not to mention the lag the fire creates.

Im not seeing how support is overpowered either. Sure when I play support, I have a bow, shotty and nade launcher but thats the far boundries of being overpowered. You can take on a scrake easily but you must have a method. Fps are a diff story.

Demoman, very useful on servers not hosting ff. Although on suicidal, if a demoman thinks hes uber awesome and unleashes all ammo on a scrake thats pretty fail unless he/she has some pipes to boost. Not to mention annoying a good ss taking out the fps and scrakes.

Back to the medic, plain and simple. If you dont kill any specimens then your trolling and being super annoying. Sure a good medic can keep a team alive. A BETTER MEDIC can keep the team alive and hold his/her own in kills.

Im truly not against any classes, only those who choose to play them in certain ways.

Upvote 0
Firebug is the king of spam to all, takes skill? Come on, you spray and take the kills till your short ammo filled tank runs out then you have your pistol which we all know is SO useful on suicidal. Not to mention the lag the fire creates.

Prompted again :)

Sorry it say it dude, but by trying to prove that the firebug is a skilless class, you wound up proving it the other way. The point is IF you spray and pray the Flamethrower you run out of ammo and screw yourself over. That very point in itself shows you need skill to play the firebug, because unlike Mr M14 and Scar over there you don't have a donkey following behind you with satchels full of ammunition.

Im not seeing how support is overpowered either. Sure when I play support, I have a bow, shotty and nade launcher but thats the far boundries of being overpowered. You can take on a scrake easily but you must have a method. Fps are a diff story.

The Support isn't overpowered perce', but it is definately one of the most versatile classes there is. Even with just Support weapons the Support Spec can take on nearly any threat effectively. Supps are very adept at spiking big foes, cutting through groups, killing on the move, holding up and defending, nuking targets close range, picking off targets at mid range. ITs just a very easy class to work with.

Demoman, very useful on servers not hosting ff. Although on suicidal, if a demoman thinks hes uber awesome and unleashes all ammo on a scrake thats pretty fail unless he/she has some pipes to boost. Not to mention annoying a good ss taking out the fps and scrakes.

Fair point, no arguements :)

Back to the medic, plain and simple. If you dont kill any specimens then your trolling and being super annoying. Sure a good medic can keep a team alive. A BETTER MEDIC can keep the team alive and hold his/her own in kills.

I think its key to understand Candlejack was doing it for the challenge. Lets face it, if you've got all the achievements and just play for fun, whats wrong with going for your own ahcievements if the rest of the team are fine with it?

Im truly not against any classes, only those who choose to play them in certain ways.

In a serious game, yeah I agree, although in my old age I've become alot more tolerable than I used to be :)

Upvote 0
Prompted again :)

Sorry it say it dude, but by trying to prove that the firebug is a skilless class, you wound up proving it the other way. The point is IF you spray and pray the Flamethrower you run out of ammo and screw yourself over. That very point in itself shows you need skill to play the firebug, because unlike Mr M14 and Scar over there you don't have a donkey following behind you with satchels full of ammunition.

I think I was mainly basing that opinion on a game of Hard and not suicidal. Yes indeed the firebug takes skill to last with ammo etc but on a lower level it can be uber annoying.
he Support isn't overpowered perce', but it is definately one of the most versatile classes there is. Even with just Support weapons the Support Spec can take on nearly any threat effectively. Supps are very adept at spiking big foes, cutting through groups, killing on the move, holding up and defending, nuking targets close range, picking off targets at mid range. ITs just a very easy class to work with.

Indeed. The fact you can carry bow, shotty and nade launcher makes me LOVE playing it. Not easy either it does indeed require skill.

I think its key to understand Candlejack was doing it for the challenge. Lets face it, if you've got all the achievements and just play for fun, whats wrong with going for your own ahcievements if the rest of the team are fine with it?

I apologize, I wanst attacking this guy but stating a few general facts ive noticed in game. Candlejack is a great medic im sure, im really talking about pubbing with as many diff players as i can.
n a serious game, yeah I agree, although in my old age I've become alot more tolerable than I used to be :)

HAHHAH same. Sadly I reset my perks to know what its like to be a noob again then worked my way back to lvl 6. So now, when Im on a serious game of suicidal, and a lower perk joins, I give them a few rounds before I decide to kick/keep. Not to be a dick but to continue playing on a certain level. Noobs who can aim fine by me. noobs who stare at a wall gotta go.

Upvote 0