• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your guess on a release date

March 14th 2010 seems the most probable from a RO fan point of view. They better not release at this date though.

So many big titles have been pushed to Spring dates (namely March), that I don't see RO:HoS making a big opening around those months. The attention will be on those giants like GoW, BF:BC2, Mass Effect 2 etc. that RO:HoS will just be forgotten in that crazy hype madness.

I'm sure the game will be pretty much finished by Ostfront's 4th anniversary, but I bet they'll release it during the summer/early fall 2010 after the dust settles off.

I KNOW RO HOS is going to be a better game that those listed by you, god, RO is probably better than those, but I hope they don't release against any of the bigger publishers and there limitless cashed up hype machines of doom. I don't want RO HOS to drown in the dribble of the 3 or 4 hour at best wonders being released by the pop game gaints.... I'd rather wait a couple of months longer and ensure it does better....

Anyhow, my release prediction is the same time as Dr Dre releases Detox... :D

Upvote 0
late spring 2010 - midsummer 2010.

Acutally March 14th is a good release date to keep the memorial date upright :)

The day the mod died and was succeeded by Ostfront should be the same for the decease of Ostfront after it is murdered by Heroes. :D :D

Anyway I want the boxed DVD version of the game so I guess I might wait for a bit longer. :)

Boxed, DVD, not bothered, I will take it any way I can get it!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
1c

1c

knowing 1C : late 2010, and even early 2011 !
1C is a great russian group who create bests games ! but so slowy !!!

1C has already create IL 2 stumroviks series !
Theater of war !!!
and anothers games : XIII century, Death to spy, ...

For Theater of war : the game was only solo at the begining !
Its become multiplayer in a second period...
And 1C work mainly for the russians shops and countries first !!

Games and patches had been given to the russian speaking country firstly...( for exemple for the series of hte patchs of Theater of war...)

But 1 C do PERFECT job !!!
They are the best Developpers ! (from my point of view )

I have heard RO 2 is only in alpha version

Upvote 0
knowing 1C : late 2010, and even early 2011 !
1C is a great russian group who create bests games ! but so slowy !!!

1C has already create IL 2 stumroviks series !
Theater of war !!!
and anothers games : XIII century, Death to spy, ...

For Theater of war : the game was only solo at the begining !
Its become multiplayer in a second period...
And 1C work mainly for the russians shops and countries first !!

Games and patches had been given to the russian speaking country firstly...( for exemple for the series of hte patchs of Theater of war...)

But 1 C do PERFECT job !!!
They are the best Developpers ! (from my point of view )

I have heard RO 2 is only in alpha version

i think its the second time i tell you this

HoS is NOT!!!! made by 1C
its made by Tripwire Interactive

the only thing 1C has to do with HoS is that they publish it in Europe
TWI publishes the game themselfes in the US

Upvote 0
I like the idea of a anniversary release date. I'm already itching for a new game any longer would be painful.

As for competing against other games, this is a niche game and all the "AAA" games that would come out I have no interest in. Hopefully HOS can convert some people into enjoying a more realistic game and build a stable community.

Upvote 0
"We have to generate cash to pay the bills and the wages. We have to bank more cash so that we can keep paying in the quiet months while we build the next FREE content, which will generate more sales. We have to bank even more cash to pay for the months (years) of development of the next title (plug: Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad), because no-one else is going to give us the money to do the job."

Excerpt from Mr. A. Wilson's blog post.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/AlanWilson/20091023/3378/On_The_Economics_Of_Content_Updates_DLC_And_InGame_Advertising.php

Upvote 0