• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your Favourite WW2 Movies

One of my favorite WW2 movies and TV-series is the "Talvisota", literally translated the "Winter War". As the name suggests, the movie and it's extended TV-series adaptation is about the Soviet-Finnish Winter War. It tells the story of men in a Finnish Infantry Regiment 23 (JR23) 4th Company 1st Platoon. The movie is based on the book with the same name. The main characters are two brothers, who are called to the additional refresher training under the threat of the war. When the war starts, men are moved to the Taipale River next the village of Terenttilä, and the last weeks men fight at the Äyräpää-Vuosalmi area.

The movie and TV-series are very realistic and quite "sad". Some may think that acting work is bland and emotionless, but I think it's due the realism. Stereotypical Finnish mindscape is like that, and the war shapes human mind even "tougher". Reminds me of the newer "Tuntematon sotilas" -movie, which is quite pacifistic.

I recommend watching the 4 hour TV-series, which gives more time to get to know the men. Someone has uploaded the whole series in Youtube with English subs. I recommend to watch it before it gets removed by copyright infringement:

Reactions: morticore
Upvote 0