• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Your favourite videogame music

doomis

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 18, 2009
Damn, the MoHAA theme reminds me of sooo many hours spent playing that game (just the campaign)... Unlike most games today that I finish them and then unistall them.

Anyway, thanks MoH for getting me into WW2 <3

Now to find those discs again (and hope they are not destroyed).

illinifan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 11, 2007
this is pretty good, especially for a zombie game

although I gotta say, I absolutely love deus ex:human revolution's soundtrack so far

Nezzer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 3, 2010
Porto Alegre, RS
Great track indeed. Reminds me of Lost, good days watching the series ^^

IMHO the most beautiful track made for a videogame is still Leliana's Song :IS2:
YouTube - Lelianna's Song (with lyrics) - Dragon Age: Origins Soundtrack
Vigil comes right next:
YouTube - Mass Effect - Vigil (music)

But this is the one that really makes me sad :(
YouTube - Dragon Age: Origins -- OST 34 'The Coronation'

In terms of epicness, I've recently noticed that the soundtrack last DLC for ME2, Arrival, is pretty good as well, especially if combined with the scene where they play. Still, it's not the best track from Mass Effect IMO.
YouTube - Mass Effect 2: The Arrival Score (part 5)

I think the best combat theme is definetely from Lair of the Shadow Broker.
YouTube - Mass Effect 2 Soundtrack- Battle Theme - Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC

Hard to pick one love theme, but this time I think I'll take the one from ME1.
YouTube - Mass Effect Soundtrack - Love Theme

Reactions: Ralfst3r

Grobut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 1, 2006
Denmark
Friggin' brilliant, refreshing to hear such a well done and performed composition. TW should use them for RO3...
Are you still music-nerd-raging over the fact they coulden't afford to hire a full Orchestra, and had to use samples?
It's an awesome track though, no question about that.

Anyway, here's some game music that kicks butt, and which i had all but forgotten about till a couple of days ago:
YouTube - No One Lives Forever 2 Unity HQ soundtrack

Reactions: OneDuck
H

HeyCarnut

@Nezzer: Thanks for putting that group together, I'd not heard the Dragon Age works (not my game style), very, very nice.

@Grobut: Huh? Cool song though - I'd forgotten about that game - watched a friend play it - pretty amusing.

hockeywarrior

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The RO Elitist's piano bar
www.youtube.com
Are you still music-nerd-raging over the fact they coulden't afford to hire a full Orchestra, and had to use samples?
It's an awesome track though, no question about that.

Anyway, here's some game music that kicks butt, and which i had all but forgotten about till a couple of days ago:
YouTube - No One Lives Forever 2 Unity HQ soundtrack
That soundtrack rocks. That game was a total classic -- sure don't make em like that any more.

u-s-e-r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2010
Played through the game Machinarium a while ago, simply a great game and a great soundtrack.

Probably be the best soundtrack I have ever heard.

Reactions: Shadrach

Shadrach

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2006
Elitist Prick Ski Lodge
stian.freeshell.org
Fedorov wins so far; Grim Fandango has a fantastic soundtrack. I prefer game music to be not so... game musicy. You know, like "epic" string sections and stuff, they all sound the same IMO.

Machinarium is another amazing sountrack with truly original music.

The Neverhood has some of the funniest music for a videogame ever:

YouTube - The Neverhood - Dum Da Dum Doi Doi

Ed Harrison's music for the Neotokyo mod is also one of the best I've heard, really sets the mood for a dystopian future.
YouTube - Ed Harrison - Prabhava [Neotokyo OST]