• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite videogame music

Bubble Bobble

Its in Stereo!? Awesome game/tune.

Rainbow islands (bubble bobble 2) had a great catchy tune, I've spent days with it stuck in my head, shame the game was crap compared to bubble bobble.

YouTube - Rainbow Islands - Main Theme [Amiga]

Oh and sheer awesomeness I just found, sometimes 20min loads times were a good thing YouTube - Rainbow Islands C64 Loader Theme

Also Knights of the Sky intro, loved watching it everytime I played it, only had the demo though. :(

More!

YouTube - Morrowind Theme Song

YouTube - Final Fantasy IX Music - A Place to Call Home

YouTube - Mega Man 9 OST: Concrete Man Stage

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another one from this century:

YouTube - Battlefield 1942 Theme Song

One of the most memorable themes in gaming, i'd say. :rolleyes: Everytime I hear this, I just wanna gear up and assemble the crew, get in a tank and head straight to the battlefield!

YouTube - Monster Hunter Opening ( Original Arrange ) OST ( Full HD )

Definitely one of my favourites. ^ Pretty dramatic, it just gives me a helluva shiver :p

YouTube - Monster Hunter Triumph! OST ( Full HD )

From the same game. It plays EVERY SINGLE TIME you finish a quest. You can play an easy quest that takes less than 5 minutes, and get this theme. The best part is, you could do the most impossible quest that you've been attempting for days and days, and this song will come on and will make you feel very relaxed and accomplished. Hell, if I could make this theme play at every single acheivement in life, I would!

YouTube - Dino Crisis 2 Original Soundtrack - 50 Theme of Dino Crisis II

One from my childhood ^ The end credits to Dino Crisis 2. It was one of the first games I finished, and it kinda marked one of my first personal acheivements that actually meant something to me (aside from normal things in growing up) - completing that game. :D When I was really young, before I even heard of that game I was obsessed with dinosaurs to the fullest, I always wanted to be a Dinosaur hunter back then. I then get picked up from primary school after what was a normal, boring friday and I find that my dad had bought it for me! I completed that game many times. Hell, I still play it to this day, sometimes! It's the kind of game you can play again and again. :eek:

Keep this thread goin'!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Max Payne theme, both the violin and piano version are at the top of my list. It used to be available to download from the official website, link seems to be gone now.
  • Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess, outside of some boss fights and the wolf howling/singing it had a great musical score. Granted, a lot of the songs are from previous versions, but this is the only Zelda game I ever played so it is my only reference point.
  • GTA IV theme. I believe this was actually a older classical piece that was remixed for the game.
  • Star Trek: Starfleet Command 2 and Orion Pirates expansion. So rarely does a game actually manage to get close to its movie/TV counterpart's musical style and succeed.
  • Operation Flashpoint main theme. At least I think it was the main theme, it has been so long I can barely recall it.
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl main theme (with vocals). Despite being in Latin, it manages to not be a opera.
  • Halo: Combat Evolved main theme. Whoever thought that a electric guitar can go with monks chanting is a friggin genius.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Whoa, the nostalgia just hit me like a falling piano when I opened the Final Fantasy IX song. Here's some that I can think of off the top of my head.

The second to last boss music from the best side-scrolling shooter ever.
YouTube - Einhander - Thermosphere.wmv

A ridiculously epic track by Jeremy Soule. I love all his work.
YouTube - Supreme Commander - Massive attack (music)

A Harry Gregson-Williams is fine too.
YouTube - Metal Gear Solid 2 - Main Theme

My favorite track from one of the best overall VG soundtracks.
YouTube - Guilty Gear X2 OST-"Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead)"

YouTube - The Nightmare's Beginning - Vincent's Theme from FFVII

Last edited:
Upvote 0