• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite "sub-class"?

Carl Gustav

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 16, 2010
Uhhhm, what are your favourite "sub-classes" or "sub-perks". Just want to hear your opinion.

Mine are:

Crossbow sharpshoter, which kills FP's more effectively than Rifle sharpshooters :)

Mediczerker, because it has 50% (im level 5 medic) better body armor, and it kicks *** with katana+ crossbow :rolleyes:

Pipedemo, i dont buy M32, but i always spend all my dosh for pipes, you see a fp or a horde o' zeds, plant a pipe. Job well done.

I also like Pistol sharpshooter for the lulz.

What are yours?

The "bullpup-using idiot noob" commando. Its funny when every commando in a pub server is waving around a katana with SCAR who laugh at bullpup-users and then go rambo and then get simultaenuosly bumraped by three fleshpounds and then leave the server in a pit of rage, while I stick with the rest of the players and keep the trashy masses at bay and pick off the other ZEDs the team didn't see and end the wave in co-operation with them.

Upvote 0
As far as support goes, it's always pumpy/AA12 for me. I like to shoot a little less and concentrate on door welding a bit more and aim for efficiency. If there's a lot of trash bunched up, I shoot and kill the lot in 1-2 shots from the pumpy and when my help is really needed I use the AA12. I'm a little frugal with the AA12 ammo, though, so I'm kinda breaking outta that habit. I used to save it primarily for Fleshies.

Upvote 0
For sh1ts and giggles i go Pistol Commando, meaning Dual 9mm's and Dual HC's. The faster reload makes it feel kinda like the old Pistol Sharpshooter :p

Oh, and on top of that i also carry Mac10 on fullauto, shooting it in bursts... it's such a badass spam combo :cool:

A Machete can also be carried with all that :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
As far as support goes, it's always pumpy/AA12 for me. I like to shoot a little less and concentrate on door welding a bit more and aim for efficiency. If there's a lot of trash bunched up, I shoot and kill the lot in 1-2 shots from the pumpy and when my help is really needed I use the AA12. I'm a little frugal with the AA12 ammo, though, so I'm kinda breaking outta that habit. I used to save it primarily for Fleshies.

When I have AA12, it's only a backup weapon for me, as are all the tier 3's.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Uhhhm, what are your favourite "sub-classes" or "sub-perks". Just want to hear your opinion.

Mine are:

Crossbow sharpshoter, which kills FP's more effectively than Rifle sharpshooters :)

Mediczerker, because it has 50% (im level 5 medic) better body armor, and it kicks *** with katana+ crossbow :rolleyes:

Pipedemo, i dont buy M32, but i always spend all my dosh for pipes, you see a fp or a horde o' zeds, plant a pipe. Job well done.

I also like Pistol sharpshooter for the lulz.

What are yours?

This sounds the exact thing all the noobs would do before the balancing updates. PS LAR > All sharp shooter weapons, Mediczerkers are something I hate with pride, pipebomb spammers, read answer for mediczerkers.

Reactions: Carl Gustav
Upvote 0
question to the people mentioning using the LAR, when i go sharp (lev 3 currently) i dont find it as useful as some peoples post would make it out to be. Mostly Vs Scrakes and FP's i see people posting about it stunning scrakes and being able to kill FP's effectivly with good headshots.

I dont see this and my aim isnt horrible, so im assuming these people must be Lev 6 SS?

also im not seeing the M14 as being what its cracked up to be, nice yes, but for clots thru sirens i aim better with the hand cannon, and for Scrake and FP Crossbow is just easier and i can usualy spare a bit of ammo for clumps of trash with it as well.

But this aside im assuming i should hold off judgement on these guns until level 6 correct and higher difficulties?

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0