• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite "sub-class"?

also im not seeing the M14 as being what its cracked up to be, nice yes, but for clots thru sirens i aim better with the hand cannon, and for Scrake and FP Crossbow is just easier and i can usualy spare a bit of ammo for clumps of trash with it as well.

But this aside im assuming i should hold off judgement on these guns until level 6 correct and higher difficulties?

I'm a level6 SS and I prefer a HC and XBOW load out over M14 anyday. But don't discount the LAR, it's a very effective weapon. But that is just my feelings, different strokes different folks before I get flamed to hell. I say use what you judge is effective and your're comfortable with. (Don't tell anyone but I use my 9mm 90% of the time in hard and save the HC as a GOOTS tool ;)).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
question to the people mentioning using the LAR, when i go sharp (lev 3 currently) i dont find it as useful as some peoples post would make it out to be. Mostly Vs Scrakes and FP's i see people posting about it stunning scrakes and being able to kill FP's effectivly with good headshots.

I dont see this and my aim isnt horrible, so im assuming these people must be Lev 6 SS?

also im not seeing the M14 as being what its cracked up to be, nice yes, but for clots thru sirens i aim better with the hand cannon, and for Scrake and FP Crossbow is just easier and i can usualy spare a bit of ammo for clumps of trash with it as well.

But this aside im assuming i should hold off judgement on these guns until level 6 correct and higher difficulties?

Yeah the LAR becomes one of the strongest weapons in the game if used right on higher level sharpshooters. However, even off perk players using LAR can 1 shot anything up to Husks.

As far as level 6 sharpshooter, it takes the following to take down Fleshpounds and Scrakes on a 6 man HoE server. Everything else goes down with on LAR shot to head.

Scrakes Fleshpounds
2 Arrows 4 Arrows
10 HC 21 HC
7 M14 10 M14
5 LAR 7 LAR
57 9mm 141 9mm

The 9mm shots are give or take a few as I may have mis shot some on head and didn't feel like starting over lol.

Reactions: ph30nix
Upvote 0
kat+axe+lar berzerker and go on a run if i'm on a server where most players are doing thier own thing and are all over the place - but i don't do particularly well.
to make it more fun/hectic/challenging i swap lar for m79.

that's it really - i usually play in a pretty well organised team and play to the perk, but i do like taking the m79 with the aa12 if i'm in the right place, like the roof of the bank in suburbia.

Upvote 0
Yeah the LAR becomes one of the strongest weapons in the game if used right on higher level sharpshooters. However, even off perk players using LAR can 1 shot anything up to Husks.

As far as level 6 sharpshooter, it takes the following to take down Fleshpounds and Scrakes on a 6 man HoE server. Everything else goes down with on LAR shot to head.

Scrakes Fleshpounds
2 Arrows 4 Arrows
10 HC 21 HC
7 M14 10 M14
5 LAR 7 LAR
57 9mm 141 9mm

The 9mm shots are give or take a few as I may have mis shot some on head and didn't feel like starting over lol.

I think the siren is 2 hs off perk with LAR. Their heads seem unusually strong for some reason, taking half a 9mm mag in the head, as ss.

Upvote 0
I hate the mediczerker with all my heart.
Agreed. I've never met a good Medic posing with a Katana or Axe. They've got poor team performance; often opting for the kite tactic instead of participating in the game with the group. Essentially they are pithless rambos.
I have no respect for them.

My favourite sub-class is Fireshooter. The combination of Firebug and a crossbow, along with the MAC-10, is quite useful for both the individual player and the team. Accurate ignition of Zeds with the MAC-10 prevents fire from blocking the view of other players, and the Crossbow helps with the larger targets.

Upvote 0
I think the siren is 2 hs off perk with LAR. Their heads seem unusually strong for some reason, taking half a 9mm mag in the head, as ss.

I think the head of a Siren has the same health as the body. I've never witnessed a headless siren walking around, as soon as you sever the head the body dies instantly. Her only attacks come from her head, she can't scream or bite without it so I guess that is why.

Upvote 0
As of the Christmas update, L.A.W. Demolitions is my new favorite. It's better than the M32+M79 in my experience as of late, and puts Scrakes and FPs on the highest difficulties near death on a direct hit @ level 6. It's so awesome, I used to use this thing as a complete joke as support but now that it's perked and been balanced it's incredible.

Upvote 0
My personal Favs are:

Dicshooter;): A medic using Medigun,LAR and deagles. The LAR is killing zeds in spare time or adding supportive fire, the Medigun is for crawler packs and healing, and the deagles are to gain the attention of raging bigguns, allowing a weaker teammate to be spared a pounding.

Pump/AA12 Support: Conserve the AA12 for major crises or FPs, and it should be enough ammo to hold your own for the whole wave.

Sniper: Sharpshooter with xbow and deagle. Enough really said

Classic Zerk: LAR, Katana, and Axe. A time-tested tradition, but for solo only, as in multi I prefer actual team play.

Upvote 0
question to the people mentioning using the LAR, when i go sharp (lev 3 currently) i dont find it as useful as some peoples post would make it out to be. Mostly Vs Scrakes and FP's i see people posting about it stunning scrakes and being able to kill FP's effectivly with good headshots.

I dont see this and my aim isnt horrible, so im assuming these people must be Lev 6 SS?

If you are telling the truth, you are like the coming of Jesus to these forums. Near absolute proof that Sharpshooter was balanced to nigh perfection and that the changes work as intended. You nailed exactly what each weapon's strengths should be. :D

Upvote 0
I'll defently give it ago, I found myself in a game the other day where I struggled to pull aggro from a team mate when he decided to piss of a FP before the SS had got his act together.

Originally, prior to the 1016 patch, it was AK47, M10 and MP7.

Then after the 1016 patch i found out that the AK47 and M10 shared a slot.

This wasn't good, so i switched. :)

:troll: problem, AK47?

Upvote 0