• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

I'm pretty sure I killed you once (I cant remember the exact map, but it was snowy, German defense, and started with a T, I think "Terchassy"?).

I was under the name "Civilian", and I saw a ton of Russians pour out of the smokescreen. Panicking, I shot the in front, unable to clearly see as artillery pounded everywhere...and then I saw "you TKed something Copperhead", before the Russian who was right next to you (he wasn't shooting for some reason) then shot me. So much for that xD

lol..

So, by putting this in this thread... are you saying that this is your favorite ro moment...

tking me?

lawl:IS2:

Upvote 0
I am new to the game...

I am new to the game...

But my best moment so far was when i was climbing stairs inside a house, i bumped head on with an enemy carrying a submachine gun.
He starts spraying, i shoot and ... bolted my bolt rifle...
He is still shooting, i put ironsights, aim, shoot and took him out...

It may have been nothing but for me it was a precious moment :D

Upvote 0
But my best moment so far was when i was climbing stairs inside a house, i bumped head on with an enemy carrying a submachine gun.
He starts spraying, i shoot and ... bolted my bolt rifle...
He is still shooting, i put ironsights, aim, shoot and took him out...

It may have been nothing but for me it was a precious moment :D

you should have stabbed him

Upvote 0
Probably the time I got a Panther and Panzer in the same life on Arad with two satchel charges after hiking halfway across the map. The best part was they knew I was slowly creeping up on them but they couldn't hit me with the machineguns as I was prone and at the bottom of a slight slope they were sitting on. When the first one's driver saw me getting close he hopped out but I still had my looted MP40 out and he got shot. The other guy jumped out later but he was too slow to escape the blast radius of the charge sitting on his tank. The next tank aimed his turret at me and fired an HE shell that flew right over my head and exploded somewhere far behind me, and started to reposition when a friendly tank appeared and he decided it was more important than me. Horrible decision on his part; this crew wasn't even aware of the charge until they were exploding.

Of course the time I was the last surviving Russian in a full Danzig game and I whittled the German team down from ~9% reinforcements to only a couple of players single-handed by camping in the apartments directly across the street from Langer Markt was rather memorable as well... I felt bad for making so many players wait, but then my team started cheering me on. :D I find myself in such situations often since I tend to stick to the less traveled parts of any given map and prioritize survival over pressuring the enemy - dead men cap no points, and if you wait long enough you can creep into a less guarded or even unoccupied objective from an unexpected route.

Upvote 0
Thread's a little dusty, but I can't resist.

Was playing a round as a Soviet Rifleman on Fallen Heroes a few weeks ago where absolutely nothing was going right for the Russians. The Germans were shredding our KV every time it rolled forward; they had captured the Central Square first, and were contesting us tooth and nail for East. The Panzer IV had positioned itself at the sewer entrance closest to the Technical school, from which it was enfilading our entire team as we rushed to save East Square.

Everybody was yelling for the tank to be taken out. When our KV was knocked out yet again, we called for AT rifles, then for our Combat Engineer. Nobody could scratch the Panzer. Our squad leader's incompetence meant we couldn't even mask its fire with smoke. Then, Germans began attacking the Technical School itself along the south side of the square.

Running out of the Technical School from spawn, I found myself face to face with an MP40-armed German. Bringing my Moisin up from the hip, I shot him just as his spray of 9mm bullets caught my leg. Limping forward, I suddenly noticed what the German had dropped.

Two satchel charges.

Stumbling forward, I picked them up. Golden tracers were still criscrossing the street, riddling our troops. Turning left, ignoring the pain in my leg, I dove behind a ruined automobile just as the tank spotted me. An HE shell uselessly blasted the other side of the ridge. MG34 rounds richocheted off the car's twisted metal. Taking one satchel, I lit the fuse and swung it over the ridge without exposing myself.

The explosion damaged the Panzer, but did not destroy it. Smoke belched from its engine grate as it began to reverse. In seconds, it would be out of throwing range.

Standing up, I mounted the ridge, simultaneously lighting the second satchel. The Panzer's bow machine gun opened fire, shooting high. Just as I mustered the last ounce of my strength, throwing the explosives high into the air, the lethal hail caught me across the chest.

As I lay dying, the roar of ten pounds of high explosive and the screech of rent metal met my ears.

My comrades won that round, wresting control of East, then Center Square just as the timer expired. A KV tank, an engineer, and four anti-tank riflemen had failed to do what a single, determined Strelok had accomplished with two stolen Wehrmacht satchel charges.:D

By far my most satisfying RO moment yet, especially when a teammate asked "Who killed the tank?" and I replied, "Me--had to borrow some German satchels to do it."

Reactions: smokeythebear
Upvote 0
I had a truly hilarious set of game just now; although I can tell you that several forum-goers on the thread may rage if they were there I was Amir-Lenk

Anyways, I decided to screw around and begin using the rifle like a spear. Only bayonet kills. Now, the first game was on Odessa....which led to me running into a wall of lead shouting Banzai. Now, I did manage to get decently far into their ranks a few times, but mostly I just gained satisfaction from the ranting at the enemy :p.

Then came Kurland. I managed to actually do well with this tactic, running around in a single life impaling Germans....however, after dieing, I promptly lagged out, with my character running into the direction of the enemy. When I unfroze, I was still running...but I was past the minefeild. I had somehow gotten myself trapped in the back trenches. I then promptly began rolling around in their base until my team was demolished. But it was hilarious xD

Upvote 0
I had a good killing spree in Stalingrad. The first cap, the watch light building I think, well our Panzer III drove right up to the ground floor, clearing it out of enemies, but blocking off the route in for infantry. So, we took the route up the hole in the building, up to the second floor. First I got 2 kills with 2 nades, then I found an enemy DT machine gun, and his pistol. I got a coulpe of kills firing down onto the street, then I decided to move further down the building as the russian tank was outside.

I moved out, but then a ppsh Wh0re chased me into a room. I deployed my mg and shot him. The russian SL was there, and he smoked my room. I ran further back, into the bathroom, then sprayed the SL with my DT.

I moved out again, to the stair case, and I got 2 kills with the Tokarev (both with 1 mag). I then ditched my DT for an SVT with only 1 mag, got 2 more kills in the corridors, then went to the windows to fire down onto the street. I picked up a mosin from a guy I naded (i found enemy nades :p) and got 3 more kills.

Now, the best part. A n00b had run up to my room where i was firing onto the street. He sighted in, and missed. I was reloading, he got his second shot off but I dodged (he was still sighted) and then i stabbed him. I then peered around the door and shot a russian running down the corridor towards me. By that time we capped, and I died soon after from a nade :/ :D

Upvote 0
I was still new to RO and really learning how to hit a target, which I was not really good at. I was playing Stalingrad Kessel as a Russian with a PPSh-41. I was hiding behind the door in the north rail yard when three Germans entered heading for the opposite exit door. I was so excited and nervous that I almost couldn't get my mouse hand to operate. My breath quickened and my fingers gripped the mouse which felt like an eternity before the gun cracked open. A 3 person kill shot. I ran through the house telling my wife who responded with a "So?" Sometimes.....:mad:

Upvote 0
Yesterday was my first time as a Squad leader. (the map with the farms, Krashny oktyabr or something?)
Started really awful when I kept getting killed before I could do something.
But when I got one chance to go out I saw some germans, saved the spot and ran like hell to the radio.
The seconds passed by extremely slowly after calling it in (way better than the instant artillery of other games)... and when I finally thought I just missed, I went out to spot again and saw some germans flying in the distance when my artillery finally struck in front of my eyes.

Awesome feeling:D

Upvote 0
I like it when me and the enemy team sniper shoot each other at the same exact time and end up killing each other.. happened to me twice in the past week, here are a few screenshots i took :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/teemu92/screenshots/

Oh, and do not wonder about the date the shots are taken, i set my pc clock back to 06 so i can use the 30 day trial version of after effects for forever ;) clever huh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0