• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your Favorite RO2 moment

BlackLabel

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 9, 2007
Churmany
We had this kinda thread in the good ole RO1 days. Lets have one for RO2 !!

Today i had several "omg i love this ****" moments. One where i bashed a german in the face in zabs house and he leaped out the window, slowly.

Another when i stabbed some unexpected german on Appartments and stood in front of him to watch him die. You know that when they tumble and black out. It was cruel, so cruel i finaly stabbed him again to take him out his misery.

Share your stuff gents !

The announcement that RO2 Classic mode is on the way. ;)

Other than that, my favorite in game moment was scoring two hip shots in a row with my k98 while slow dying, with my friends character lying on the floor with that throat shot sounds playing.

EDIT: Oh! My best tank moment was, when, just after BETA, this T34 came cruising on toward me, fired and killed my gunner… I noticed then, he had his driver hatch open, so I switch quickly to my hull gunner position and fired away into his open hatch killing a couple of his crew. It gave me enough time to then move to my gunner, and blow him up!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was attacking on Red October and our charge halted inside of one of the halls due to MG-fire. One of my comrades was hit but the wound did not kill him instantly (slow death). He stood there, as a soldier of the motherland, shouting the last cursewords of his life when our commander ran to him and slowly aimed his revolver at the dying soldier. A metallic pling could be heard as the bullet penetrated the thin layer of steele. A hole in his helmet later and the dead soldier fell to the ground. I was left there, in awe of the horrors of war.
I admire my commander for having the courage to kill one of his own men to spare him from further pain. I shall give him my next ration of vodka. (Or perhaps he only likes teamkilling).

Upvote 0
Getting absolutley murdered by two T-34's on Arad. Hearing shells ripping into my tank, my crew screaming for their lives and then finally, silence, turning around and seeing this inside.
Spoiler!

Scary and incredibly fun. xD

Upvote 0
1. Any time I kill a tank that has been ruthlessly exploiting its hull MG when I'm playing as an Engineer. Nothing like the heart-pounding crawl forward, the pause as you ready your explosives, the adrenaline rush of the hail-Mary sprint forward...

2. Getting the blindfire achievement on Barracks... with a bolt-action rifle.

3. Getting the blindfire achievement in the beta... in the trenches of Mamayev... on Ramm-Jaegar himself. :D

4. My favorite thing to do on Spartanovka at map start:
-choose Russian MG
-run to the altar. Yes, the altar.
-deploy weapon
-hold down trigger at Germans running towards ridge.
-reload and repeat until the inevitable bullet finds me.

Seriously, whoever put a sandbag on the altar and made it a cover point must have been smiling when they did that. :)

Upvote 0
laying down on the railroad tracks i shot a german but missed him, aparently he got scared, jumped into a ditch and as i was moving to a better position threw a granade at me. i dashed intro a ditch, and replied in kind... my nade got him. a few moments later 2 germans came running, aparently they were too close together, because i got 'em both with a single shot. Aparently i was in a good position, because i got 2 or 3 extra germans before i bought the farm myself.

and then i got kicked for TKing (nah, i'm kidding, i was an ivan)

but it felt good!

Upvote 0
I was running along the upper level catwalk in the first objective of Red October, when a Pz IV comes in the other direction. So I step off the catwalk and onto the tank. I ride along for a few meters wishing I could open the hatch and toss in a grenade when the tank gets to the exit at the end of the hall and a broken part of the rail sweeps me off and I find myself standing near the exit. Rats, why didn't i get a screen shot of that.

Upvote 0
1. Killing two guys with one round with the PTRS at 190m on Pavlov's House.
2. Surviving for over 3 minutes and racking up 13 kills inside Town Hall on Spartanovka as a German (with a G41).
3. Playing as a German MGer on Barracks, I ran into a Russian Squad Leader with a PPSh, we both hipshot at each other, we both fired one shot because we only had one round left, and killed each other.

and many more.

Upvote 0