• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your biggest failure

Yin

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Heya, not sure if we have a thread like this already, can't find it at the moment, anyway I wanna know what your guys biggest fail in Killing Floor was, share anything hillarious. No this thread has no point but humours.

My biggest fail was when my whole team (6 players) welded ourselves into a small room with pipes and we all dropped tons of pipes in front of it, but inside the room. Everyone assumed the Patriarch would smack the welded door, we waited for a minute and he didn't appear, we all go near the door and unweld it, as we start unwelding we hear "ONE IN THE PIPE" and the Patriarch shot the door and blew up all the pipes including our whole team who stood on it. >.<

Last edited:
My biggest failure is always not speaking up and leading the group away when they weld themselves somewhere stupid.

I remember one particular patty round (I've told this before) where everyone holed up in Offices in the ground-floor corridor. Huge pile of pipe bombs on the pile of rubble. And there they were, pre-Nerftober M14s lasered and ready.

All standing right on top of the pile.

"One in the pipe."

Most pathetic mistake: patty round (I suspect people are sensing a pattern ._.) on Waterworks, we're holed up in the place with two catwalks where people usually weld like crazy.

On a lark I take a look down the hole underneath one of the catwalks... and fall in.

The whole team runs off to try to rescue me and get slaughtered.

Arcade-GasStation, my first time playing the map.

"Hey wouldn't it be funny if I were the first to get run over!"

I honestly wasn't even trying.

Upvote 0
Hmmm.....I have quite a few, I must admit, in my long KF career.

Heres my personal fav.

So I am playing normal, westlondon, wave11. My whole team has died, leaving me, a support, behind. I manage to scare him off with my AA12, and then unload a clip on a stalker thinking it was the cloaked patty.

After realizing what it was, I decide I need to conserve ammo, and be more careful. I see another shadow of something cloaked. Thinking that there was still "10" on the countdown and it must therefore be a stalker, I take out my pistol and shoot it. To my intense surprise I here "UGH", and then a chest dick uncloaks and launches me across the church, where I am then rocketed.

Or perhaps my earliest fail is better....

My first ever game. Beginner solo on farm. First wave, I take out the clots ok, you know the drill. Then next wave, I am suddenly losing health for apparently no reason. I look behind me, expecting a clot, but nothings there. I then freak out, shoot wildly, and am killed.

Little did I know there were such things as crawlers in the game and had I shot downwards into the dark I would have seen it.

Upvote 0
I doubt it's my biggest failure, but it's one I think about every so often. :rolleyes:

As I recall, it was Wave 9 and we were playing Suicidal on Tachikawa. We were down to the last 30 or so zeds when the commando and demoman guarding our rear got overwhelmed by a fleshpound/scrake duo. We were already down two players, so as these other two died, the team was reduced to a sharpshooter and a berserker (moi). Sharpy fired two bolts at the pound before it was on him but didn't manage a headshot and got pulverized.

Shortly after, I managed to kill Fleshy and Scrakey with grenades and my katana. I was wounded, but there were only small fry left so I decided to stick around instead of running off to heal some more. After killing a crawler mob, I backed up from a gorefast and unexpectedly bumped into a pair of stalkers. Crap! The gorefast managed to get an attack in before I decapitated him but it was already over. One stalker managed to connect with me and I died with 4 zeds left.

sv: Killed by a stalker? Are you kidding me?!

Upvote 0
Well the biggest fails probably have been when ever Ive used the LAW. That weapon is simply more dangerous to yourself than the specimens, even after the update I think.

Usually its with Stalkers. You try to shoot a fleshpound for example and boom it hits the stalker 5 feet from you and you both die.

Hmm but now that I think if it, suprisingly Stalkers are often the reason for most failures. Not long ago I was running away from a fleshpound while I got stuck for unknown reason. At the time I didnt realize I ran straight in a group of 4-5 stalkers, I was just jumping and thinking to myself "WTF, MOVE!". Once the Stalkers uncloaked it was already too late and I got cornered by the fleshpound. Luckilly I was a medic and the fleshpound hit me like 4 times before my teammates saved me, so in the end everything worked out quite well and I didnt even die :p

Damn Stalkers.

Upvote 0
Lmao, haha. I had such funny experiences with the LAW, especially when it comes to stalkers, 2 specimen left, lonely clot in the far, some rambo goes: LOLOL I'M GONNA BLOW HIM UP WITH A LAW, friendly fire server, shoots, the other specimen was a stalker right in front of him, half the team blows up.

Upvote 0
dot of doom is one acheivement that candlejack never wants to get,

I got it on a beginner poundamonium server, prior to the de-whitelist.

I was playing, pwning as usual for a L6 SS on beginner, when the thought occurred to me.

I'm going to rape FPs with a diseased horse dick.

So i shot their heads off and they died, giving me the achievement.

Later on i used it after the Incendiary patch, and i almost liked it. Except for the whole firing sound and OMG LASERS it was ok. :rolleyes:

Recovering from M14 abuse will take a while, let's say christmas.
Then i might start using it heavily to see how much good it can do.

Upvote 0
Wave ten, beserker, suicidal, west london.

My whole team is killed by two fps, and I managed to escape and by luck (whish low health) manage to kill all of the zeds (About a hundred), except one.

I find the last zed (a gorefast) behind the red bus in the bridge tunnel. I proceed to decap him, and as l proceed to use my injector on myself, he suddenly strikes one last time, and kills me, then it drops dead.

The entire team, who was silent on voice chat for ten waves, starts laughing on the mics.

Reactions: CandleJack
Upvote 0
Should laugh back at them for them dying so early then! I've had similiar situations to that like soloing Wave 10 on Hard Mode then getting backstabbed by a Stalker when there's 3 specimen left, but instead the people raged at me. <_<
Also i had a similar experience^^ but this was in the KFmod2.5 days, I was playing in Prolox and it was one of those "silly" games, we were 12 people, we were all glitched up and on wave 9 everyone except me got killed by either falling into the elevatorshaft or getting smashed by fleshpounds (if you played the mod you know that there were like 50% fleshpounds on wave 9), but i was glitched and i had my inf-ammo dualies which i used to kill off the fleshpounds one by one (around 40 fleshpounds) it took me around 25 mins since i only had dualies. Some people left (they were only nine when i was done). But at the very last fleshpound i managed to back straight into a wall and the last fleshpound ripped me to pieces. Around 5 silent seconds, and after that i get one plain "i hate you". Though it was a pretty friendly "i hate you", so we were all happy and played hive after that^^

Upvote 0
Hmmm.....I have quite a few, I must admit, in my long KF career.

Heres my personal fav.

So I am playing normal, westlondon, wave11. My whole team has died, leaving me, a support, behind. I manage to scare him off with my AA12, and then unload a clip on a stalker thinking it was the cloaked patty.

After realizing what it was, I decide I need to conserve ammo, and be more careful. I see another shadow of something cloaked. Thinking that there was still "10" on the countdown and it must therefore be a stalker, I take out my pistol and shoot it. To my intense surprise I here "UGH", and then a chest dick uncloaks and launches me across the church, where I am then rocketed.

Or perhaps my earliest fail is better....

My first ever game. Beginner solo on farm. First wave, I take out the clots ok, you know the drill. Then next wave, I am suddenly losing health for apparently no reason. I look behind me, expecting a clot, but nothings there. I then freak out, shoot wildly, and am killed.

Little did I know there were such things as crawlers in the game and had I shot downwards into the dark I would have seen it.
being able to die on beginner.....epic fail imo

Upvote 0
Also i had a similar experience^^ but this was in the KFmod2.5 days, I was playing in Prolox and it was one of those "silly" games, we were 12 people, we were all glitched up and on wave 9 everyone except me got killed by either falling into the elevatorshaft or getting smashed by fleshpounds (if you played the mod you know that there were like 50% fleshpounds on wave 9), but i was glitched and i had my inf-ammo dualies which i used to kill off the fleshpounds one by one (around 40 fleshpounds) it took me around 25 mins since i only had dualies. Some people left (they were only nine when i was done). But at the very last fleshpound i managed to back straight into a wall and the last fleshpound ripped me to pieces. Around 5 silent seconds, and after that i get one plain "i hate you". Though it was a pretty friendly "i hate you", so we were all happy and played hive after that^^

I think the silence was the people falling from their chairs. XD
People usually hate me for real after 5 minutes, dunno why! Don't die so early if you don't want to wait! Also how did you have so much ammo? Never played that.

being able to die on beginner.....epic fail imo

I am a level 6 medic that dies on Beginner with full body armor!

Upvote 0
In a 100% FF server playing as Medic with the MP7 and Hunting Shotgun.

I entered the trader room, bought my stuff, exited the menu, turned around, and saw a person wtih low health enter the trader room. On instinct, I pressed 4 for Special Weapons and clicked alt-fire in one practiced motion with the intention to heal him...and kill him on the spot with the Hunting Shotgun.

Upvote 0
In a 100% FF server playing as Medic with the MP7 and Hunting Shotgun.

I entered the trader room, bought my stuff, exited the menu, turned around, and saw a person wtih low health enter the trader room. On instinct, I pressed 4 for Special Weapons and clicked alt-fire in one practiced motion with the intention to heal him...and kill him on the spot with the Hunting Shotgun.

ROFL! They should really change the second special to your "3" key if the "3" key is empty or something. :p

Upvote 0