• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF You wanted a Ball character...

Well, so many people have wanted their own Harchier Spebbington - the hero from The Ball - that we decided to do something about it for you! Everyone who pre-ordered The Ball back in the day got a free playable character character in Killing Floor - and that character will remain just for those people, a "genuine" Harchier Spebbington, as promised.

But now we are introducing a "new" Harchier Spebbington. Everyone who owns The Ball (pre-ordered or bought later) will get this "new" Harchier Spebbington free in their copy of Killing Floor. Those who pre-ordered will have both versions, of course. The "new" Harchier Spebbington will be making his appearance in Killing Floor closer to Christmas. More details (including screenshots) nearer the time.

To help out with this, The Ball is currently on a one day sale (18 Nov 2013 - CLICK HERE) to help all of those who want to be ready for the new character. AND there is a new stand-alone puzzle level being released shortly for The Ball. Free to everyone who owns The Ball, of course.

Well, this wasn't what we asked for. Still, I'm happy that TWI noticed us. I'll buy The Ball. It would be cool if this new character would replace "classic" Harchier in the character grid of those who didn't preorder The Ball.

Hell, I'll take it. I just wanted to play as Harchier, Regardless if he's "Modded" a little bit. I want to play him.

Upvote 0
Well, this wasn't what we asked for. Still, I'm happy that TWI noticed us. I'll buy The Ball. It would be cool if this new character would replace "classic" Harchier in the character grid of those who didn't preorder The Ball.

Well, when we put the original piece together, we promised people that pre-ordered The Ball that the character would be unique to them - and we wanted to keep that promise, but let everyone who wanted to play as some for of Ball character have something, too.

In the "grid" - not a bad idea - we'll feed that one to the coders :)

Upvote 0
Well, when we put the original piece together, we promised people that pre-ordered The Ball that the character would be unique to them - and we wanted to keep that promise, but let everyone who wanted to play as some for of Ball character have something, too.

Well, Either way thank you! I've always wanted to play as him.

Upvote 0
Cool, I've like never seen that model being used except for modded servers.

But a question: Is this a once only thing like the other one, or is this going to be a future event based thing like other things are (so those who miss out now can get it later on down the line).

I mean I bought The Ball just now, I merely asked because I'm part of a community made up of about 50 KF players.

Upvote 0

Yea, I really hope this happens.

I don't even really care about the character that much, if I'm honest, I just want to own ALL the KF characters. I would really hate for there to be a character slot that will always be locked that I can never get.

Upvote 0
The big change is the lack of "the device" which controls The Ball on his back. There are some other cosmetic changes.

I'm glad my Genuine Harchier Spebbington will retain a lot of unique features to set him apart from the New version. As well as the fact I'll get the new version of him along with my original.

Upvote 0
Eh I don't get how you do something that will in turn just anger both sides that wanted the ball character or that wanted the ball character exclusive, other then selling more copies of the ball.

Side A still won't be able to get every character in the game, Side B's exclusive character isn't going to be really unique anymore when there is another character that basically looks the same, devauling their character just as much as if you released the original for a little time.

I mean even LOL did an event that re-released the old holiday skins

Upvote 0
Eh I don't get how you do something that will in turn just anger both sides that wanted the ball character or that wanted the ball character exclusive, other then selling more copies of the ball.

Side A still won't be able to get every character in the game, Side B's exclusive character isn't going to be really unique anymore when there is another character that basically looks the same, devauling their character just as much as if you released the original for a little time.

I mean even LOL did an event that re-released the old holiday skins

Okay sure. I'll give you that. But least what Tripwire is doing will make all the threads about Releasing Harchier to other people will stop.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay sure. I'll give you that. But least what Tripwire is doing will make all the threads about Releasing Harchier to other people will stop.

Not really, People are still going to want, EVERY SKIN, The same way they buy every character, Weapon, camo, or gold pack or whatever. When the other chicken was released people still wanted a way to get the original and were mad the year before that he wasn't unlock-able the previous event, but glad he was unlock-able this one.

Not that I'm mad about this really wanting the original, if anything this will probably make it more likely to happen if people get up in arms about it again.

Heh I just see the argument coming up being more people knowing who he is now with the re-skin wanting the original and the people with the original not having as much of an argument to make or at least give as much of a damn about the exclusive skin only being a minor difference now then it before being completely different.

Upvote 0