• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

you lose by winning...

gimpy117

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Michigan
I'm gonna point out a strange situation the should be fixed:

you lose a match because you kill the last player on the enemy team on the second round, but, after losing all points on the first round you needed all the points and more reinforcements to win. after killing the last player, the game ends but, since you did not cap all the remaining points...you lose

so, essentially you lose by winning.

Kaleun;n2304926 said:
Illegible/10

what a constructive response.

to clarify: on a match where you need to take all the points and have more reinforcements at the end to win (ie. the second round) if you run the enemy out of reinforcements but kill (or I suppose the suicide) the remaining enemy team without capping all the points the round will immediately end resulting in a tiebreaker loss for the round

is that better or do i need to use visual aids?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For example:
Round 1: team A wins by capturing 5 / 5 objective with some reinforcements left.
Round 2 : team B wins by depleting team A's reinforcement at objective 3 / 5.
Match is won by team A because it captured more objective, but team B should have won because it depleted team A before getting all the objectives.

Correct me if I misunderstood.

Upvote 0
starfish trooper;n2304944 said:
For example:
Round 1: team A wins by capturing 5 / 5 objective with some reinforcements left.
Match is won by team A because it captured more objective, but team B should have won because it depleted team A before getting all the objectives.

I believe that's right. It's all about capping now. They used to count teams total scores but they changed to number of captured objectives. If there is a draw after two rounds I suppose they count scores or reinforcements, not sure which.

Upvote 0
starfish trooper;n2304944 said:
For example:

Capture more points I suppose.

Upvote 0
This is a server setting, it is called TIE BREAKER.

Use Captures For Tie Breaking
No Yes

In theory when set to No, it uses the SCORE which is dumb as you can win by resupplying more people, spotting more enemies, and so on.
When set to Yes it uses the right thing: the capture (you know, the Territory goal is to capture the objectives..). If captures are equal, it then uses reinforcement left, which is still logic in my opinion, if your captures are equal, how bad you injured the enemy should then be the second criteria to tie-break.

Honestly I never seen people suiciding to make the other team lose.. But anyway, if you didn't capture more objectives than the other team, you lost because this is the goal of the game mode actually.. capturing all objectives, not having the most kills or whatever, it is capture that matters.

Here is what this setting looks like in code:

Code:
if ( bUseCapturesForTieBreaking )
        {
            if ( TeamObjectivesCaptured[`AXIS_TEAM_INDEX] > TeamObjectivesCaptured[`ALLIES_TEAM_INDEX] )
            {
                WinCondition = ROWC_MatchEndObjectivesCaptured;
                i = `AXIS_TEAM_INDEX;
            }
            else if ( TeamObjectivesCaptured[`AXIS_TEAM_INDEX] < TeamObjectivesCaptured[`ALLIES_TEAM_INDEX] )
            {
                WinCondition = ROWC_MatchEndObjectivesCaptured;
                i = `ALLIES_TEAM_INDEX;
            }
            else if ( TeamReinforcementsLeft[`AXIS_TEAM_INDEX] > TeamReinforcementsLeft[`ALLIES_TEAM_INDEX] )
            {
                WinCondition = ROWC_MatchEndReinforcements;
                i = `AXIS_TEAM_INDEX;
            }
            else if ( TeamReinforcementsLeft[`AXIS_TEAM_INDEX] < TeamReinforcementsLeft[`ALLIES_TEAM_INDEX] )
            {
                WinCondition = ROWC_MatchEndReinforcements;
                i = `ALLIES_TEAM_INDEX;
            }
            else
            {
                WinningTeam = 2;
            }
        }

Last edited:
Upvote 0