• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

You know what my favorite thing about RO is?

[tR]Mad Mac

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 23, 2006
Tampa, FL
How a sizeable portion of the community (if not the majority) will say "GG" after a round.

Think about it. It shows character when someone can aknowledge the other team for providing a fun game (win or lose).It's great that we have so many "good sports" in our community, when most other matches in other games end with accusations and insults.

So thanks for the mutual respect, RO players. :)

Most of the community players are mature peeps

Though there are a couple of 13 to 17 year old, They display a air of respect to fellow players

its defo the best online game I've played in a long time

More times than not on MMORPG and CS, When you die you get comments like "Noob" and etc

Upvote 0
yep, I got TOTALLY wierded out playing css when only like 2 people said gg :eek:

I guess ROO really does spoil you :)

Chris might be able to use the forum database to give us an average age for ROO players which I suspect would be realatively older than that of other games. Also ROO just attracts more mature players, one of its most excellent features :D

Upvote 0
I've found one of RO's lesser known but especially great features is it's built in filter, for err...certain types of players. Quotes like "Worst game ever...", "I played for 15 minutes, I won't be playing it again" have been seen at several other forums where I and others posted heads ups about the free weekend. I resisted the urge to say "Thank you, thank you" for showing us we don't want you anyway ! :cool:

Upvote 0
my favorite thing is jumping on servers that kick and ban people for 'Running aNd Gunning'. great stuff...imagine how lame world war II wouldve been if people ran around shooting their guns from the hip. how ineffective that would be. at least they knew how to keep it real in real life, right?...

edit - sorry guys, it's just frustrating when your a rifle guy and you run up to a corspe, take his ppsh, reload it, then open fire on 2 guys that run around the corner, only to get told your gonna get kicked and banned if you RNG anymore. then they proceed to whine and cry about everyone else that doesn't fire from ironsights. and i know, it's there server and their rules, but it's just really really lame and it reflects their attitudes. sure did make for fun gaming listening to them cry. and they did, alot. do as I say you know.....i hope you spend all your gaming time kicking and banning folks than actually playing, would serve you right. you need to put your ridiculous policy on your server name and stock up on some scented tissues, i would suggest cottonelle...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My favourite thing about RO is the community, and the diversity of it. Look above, we have someone from The Netherlands, Czech Republic, the United States, and I have seen in other threads Germany, Finland, Austria, Sweden, France, the UK, Australia, Russia and even China. Nowhere in my entire gaming "career", have I communicated or played with so many representatives of so many countries in one spot.

Upvote 0
Cordite said:
if the teams are way uneven and we lose i won't say gg
but if it was a fair fight and we did lose the round, i always say gg

I do the same thing, even now in the free week. It happens alot that u see a team and only the top 4 people have a score better then 40 ( i just say gg for these guys ), then u get a bunch of people who got a score under 10 and the a handfull of guys who only enjoy tk'ing and *****in...yesterday during a game at arad the teams were unbalanced 10 to 15 i said "common guys, team up !!" Some guy replied whitin a second "STFU NOOB"...man that pissed me off, the guy was just playing the game because of the free week. Kinda leaving the thread but i've noticed some serious incraese in verbal agressivenes and tk'ing during the free week. I truly hope that the CS:S mentality doesn't spoils to the sweet RO community...

Upvote 0