• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Xpadder compatible? Vista?

Comrade Kaizer

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2009
Hey there folks on the eve of buying the game Red Orchestra here (just finished setting up my Steam account) I have a few questions.

1) I am absolutely horrible with using a keyboard for PC FPS games, and thinking about using my wireless Xbox 360 controller running Xpadder to play the game (sorry if this is frowned upon but I don't want to be a handicap on anyone's team once I'm in). Now certain "Anti-Hack/Cheat Software" detect Xpadder as an unknown program and in that case won't allow it to run (don't worry xpadder is just a usb/wireless controller configuration program NOT A CHEAT DEVICE), it works fine with Punkbuster but what software does Red Orchestra run? So I can determine if this will work or not...

2) Can Red Orchestra run on Vista?

Any help and/or answers will be greatly appreciated. Thank you...

1) I am absolutely horrible with using a keyboard for PC FPS games, and thinking about using my wireless Xbox 360 controller running Xpadder to play the game

Not to try and turn this into the age old "PCs Vs. Consoles" debate. But when it comes to FPS games, the keyboard/mouse combo is vastly superior to using console controllers. I know it's not easy learning to play shooters on PC coming from the console controllers. Yes you will suck while learning, but it's well worth the time and effort. I made the transition from the N64 controller to PC about a decade ago.

I'll even take it one step further, the more you play shooters on PC using the keyboard/mouse combo, you'll stop buying them on console and only get them for PC.

Upvote 0