• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Xbox Progress Loss Details

Dmass

Aug 27, 2020
I saw the threads say you were looking for more input from people with the save game issue. Here's what I can give. Side note, I was really enjoying the game but this killed it for me. I lost about 8 hours of progress over multiple days.

Xbox One X
The install says the game version is 1.0.8.0

I played a few hours each of the past few nights. I often went to grottos over that time to do upgrades. Each night I would pause the game and "turn off" the Xbox (which I think is actually putting it to sleep).

I was level 25 in sapphire bay when I was killed by shark hunters. When I came back, I was level 13 in the bayou. That save would probably have been from before three play sessions.

It's like it hadn't actually saved for days.

I don't know how the Xbox power functions technically impact files. Maybe the save file you're using is locked for writing after the system comes back up. Maybe it's looking to save to the wrong file after it comes back on or enough time passes.

That's my experience and those are my thoughts. Hope you figure it out soon. I want to play but can't bring myself to risk wasting time again.

I lost hours of gameplay...never turned off the xbox or put it to sleep. I even went to a grotto, upgraded some stuff and went straight to the check on scaly pete task at the end of sapphire bay, started loading the scene and the game restarted back to the main menu. When i hit continue i had lost multiple levels and multiple hours of gameplay. The game has been awesome so far, and i was actually surprised by how fun it has been and that it never felt that repetitive or monotonous. But if this is a reoccurring issue then i will be asking for a refund from Microsoft. This isnt the beta version...we all paid for this game...and if it doesnt save properly then theres no real point in attempting to complete it or progress in any way...

Upvote 0
Any feedback from Tripwire here? These seem like very different scenarios.

I read the reviews on the Xbox store and they're full of people giving the game a poor score and citing this as the reason. The Known Issues PSA post on this forum calls this bug a "much more rare" issue but it's not seeming like it from what I've read. There are people in /r/maneater actively telling people to stay away from the game for this reason.

Seems inconsistent all around.

Upvote 0
It is an ongoing investigation. We are trying to find a replication case so we can reproduce it in house and find out exactly what is happening, so far we have not been able to do so, and no players have managed to get us one either.

As far as we know, it is only happening to a fraction of the entire user base at this point, and this is taking into account the chatter we are seeing on the subject.

Upvote 0
The scenarios outlined in this post are drastically different. It feels like there’s not a good way to get a bead on the issue, especially when your response is pushing the onus to recreate the issue on the people that have purchased your game. You’re asking people that paid to play your game help you fix your game...

Regardless of how rare the issue is claimed to be, you have two real people right here saying the game is broken. What are you doing to help us? What do I do about the money I spent on a game I can’t play?

Upvote 0
Any and all issues tend to have a root cause. Finding that cause is how any company fixes an issue. Anything else is a blind fix and can lead to unintended consequences. We are continuing to investigate the issue ourselves, but are hoping that someone can pass along key information that leads to the discovery of the root cause.

Upvote 0
I saw the threads say you were looking for more input from people with the save game issue. Here's what I can give. Side note, I was really enjoying the game but this killed it for me. I lost about 8 hours of progress over multiple days.

Xbox One X
The install says the game version is 1.0.8.0

I played a few hours each of the past few nights. I often went to grottos over that time to do upgrades. Each night I would pause the game and "turn off" the Xbox (which I think is actually putting it to sleep).

I was level 25 in sapphire bay when I was killed by shark hunters. When I came back, I was level 13 in the bayou. That save would probably have been from before three play sessions.

It's like it hadn't actually saved for days.

I don't know how the Xbox power functions technically impact files. Maybe the save file you're using is locked for writing after the system comes back up. Maybe it's looking to save to the wrong file after it comes back on or enough time passes.

That's my experience and those are my thoughts. Hope you figure it out soon. I want to play but can't bring myself to risk wasting time again.
Same thing happened to me

Upvote 0