• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Xbox Overheating Message

Look into this, it was how you expressed your message, not the message itself that made that happen.

Any refunds will have to go through the store where you purchased the game, we do not have any ability to issue refunds, but we are happy for you to get one if that is what you wish to do at this time. We are working on this as one of our top issues and the PSA linked has all the latest information including our update timings/plans as things happen and the situation changes.

• Love
Reactions: KoldStrejke
Upvote 0
Yoshiro, with all respect I was blocked on Twitter because I reminded your team of the issues not fixed on every single ad you put on twitter hoping for more sales.

It's hard during the Pandemic we get that, with staff working remotely, however there have been other games in the past that when issues were discovered that couldn't be fixed swiftly after launch (and this is a few days, not a week like yours) if refunds could not be arranged then recompense for everyone who purchased said game was given.

Pick your title:
Arkham Knight,
Assassin's Creed Unity
Fallout 76

I could go on.

A week on, your team has done neither, you haven't worked with Sony or Xbox to sort refunds, there's no word of any apology.

Your social media team just cut and paste the same phrase "we're working on it". To everyone who commented on Twitter.. "we're working on it".... Your talk about responsibility of refunds is disingenuous as was your "looking into this" about my account on Twitter.

People can't play your game still, or have played and are still having saves wiped.

Tell me what exactly are you going to do when someone's console does break due to overheat shutdown. How are you going to handle that situation, can you tell me, do you have authority?

I'll also add. Have you noticed on your whole bug forum for this game, this is the most viewed topic with 4k views now. What does that tell you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Our knowledge of the situation shows that no damage is actually being done to the hardware. A hardware safety cutoff switch is being triggered, on a subset of some hardware, due to spike in power draw for the console GPU that is lasting less than the time it takes for systems that already exist to change game settings to lower performance.

We've been working with Microsoft to isolate what is causing that spike and learning more about how that system works so we can make changes to keep this from happening.

• Love
Upvote 0
I'll also add. Have you noticed on your whole bug forum for this game, this is the most viewed topic with 4k views now. What does that tell you?

That our estimates on how many players are impacted are about correct in line with how many players there are (Keep in mind that views can all come from one user, not that they are in this case). Don't get me wrong, this issue is bad and we are working on it and other top issues as our priority, but due to the nature of the fixes that need to take place, it is taking longer than we would like to get an update out for both the hardware shutdown and save game.

• Love
Upvote 0
Yoshiro, when my Xbox does finally boot back up it warns me of what can happen should shutdowns like that continue. Are you now saying what Microsoft tell users of their console is not true? There is no harm?

Tread carefully if you're disputing Microsoft user guides on their own hardware. That could be potentially misunderstood as it's fine to keep playing and have your machine repeatedly shut itself down. I for one do not believe that is fine. I'm sure i'm not alone.

Also .... so:

" but we are happy for you to get one if that is what you wish to do at this time". So in one sentance you can't offer refunds, in another you can....

OK.

Please confirm for the whole forum that this is a privilege not just for me, but FOR All PLAYERS who can't play. Also please explain how we go about this refund, as this has been my whole point since about 4 days ago.

We're waiting.

*delete this post and yours, I still have them saved and archived. Block my account here like Twitter i'll go to Reddit, Youtube... where ever.

Every block, every post deletion, all saved Yoshiro. Your game doesn't work for a whole week, I'm saying without refund that's wrong. I wouldn't expect you to buy something and be told to wait a week, perhaps longer, why should we!

• Sad
Upvote 0
You should always follow the console makers guidelines at all times. I am just passing along what we know about this sitation currently, that we are triggering that same failsafe.

Any refunds are subject to the store where you purchased the games policies on refunds. Please check those stores polices and request a refund in adherence to them. We do not do any retail sales and are not able to process refunds ourselves.

EGS Refunds: https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/store-refund-policy
PSN Refunds: https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Requesting-a-Refund?language=en_US
Xbox Refunds: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...scriptions/digital-goods-subscriptions-refund

• Love
Upvote 0
The exact words I wrote were:

Any refunds will have to go through the store where you purchased the game, we do not have any ability to issue refunds, but we are happy for you to get one if that is what you wish to do at this time.

And followed it up with the following:
Any refunds are subject to the store where you purchased the games policies on refunds. Please check those stores polices and request a refund in adherence to them. We do not do any retail sales and are not able to process refunds ourselves.

PSN Refunds: https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Requesting-a-Refund?language=en_US
Xbox Refunds: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...scriptions/digital-goods-subscriptions-refund

For further clarification another writing of it: If you would like a refund and you are able to get one via the store where you purchased the game, we are happy for you to do so as we want you to be happy with your purchase.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro:

This is what you wrote, precisely:

" Any refunds will have to go through the store where you purchased the game, we do not have any ability to issue refunds, but we are happy for you to get one if that is what you wish to do at this time."

Are you meaning to tell me you mistyped that?

What happens when you aren't happy for someone to be refunded. What exactly is your terminology here?

Upvote 0
I did not mistype anything, however it has become clear that you had a different interpretation of what I wrote versus my intent.

And to be cynical, yes, there are times when we aren't happy for players to get a refund, and we do occasionally see those types of requests. A one off example would be something like:
  • I've spent 3000 hours in your game, and you changed this system I liked, give me my money back

Upvote 0
Yoshiro, with all respect I was blocked on Twitter because I reminded your team of the issues not fixed on every single ad you put on twitter hoping for more sales.

It's hard during the Pandemic we get that, with staff working remotely, however there have been other games in the past that when issues were discovered that couldn't be fixed swiftly after launch (and this is a few days, not a week like yours) if refunds could not be arranged then recompense for everyone who purchased said game was given.

Pick your title:
Arkham Knight,
Assassin's Creed Unity
Fallout 76

I could go on.

A week on, your team has done neither, you haven't worked with Sony or Xbox to sort refunds, there's no word of any apology.

Your social media team just cut and paste the same phrase "we're working on it". To everyone who commented on Twitter.. "we're working on it".... Your talk about responsibility of refunds is disingenuous as was your "looking into this" about my account on Twitter.

People can't play your game still, or have played and are still having saves wiped.

Tell me what exactly are you going to do when someone's console does break due to overheat shutdown. How are you going to handle that situation, can you tell me, do you have authority?

None of those games were fixed swiftly after launch, all of those took months, Arkham Knight's pc port took over a year.

As for the thread being the most viewed, it doesn't mean much. More likely it means that people are curious if your Xbox has fried.

Upvote 0
None of those games were fixed swiftly after launch, all of those took months, Arkham Knight's pc port took over a year.

As for the thread being the most viewed, it doesn't mean much. More likely it means that people are curious if your Xbox has fried.

You mistake fixed with refund or recompense.

Arkham Knight refunds on Steam were offered THE SAME DAY as release due to issues much like what this game has. The other games had similair offers to disgruntled players in a short time frame. I know, because I was witnessing it at the time. I run Facebook groups, people on there were reporting back to me.

In regard to "As for the thread being the most viewed, it doesn't mean much. More likely it means that people are curious if your Xbox has fried." I didn't create this post, and if you look properly you'll notice they're PS4 players as well as Xbox players on this forum stating the same issue.

Would you like to contribute anything else?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yoshiro:

It's becoming quite clear that you're not grasping correctly how what you typed would be read. You have made a mistake.

You have misspoke it seems. You meant to type something along the lines of:

"We can't give refunds, but by all means if you're unhappy please contact the store where you made your purchase".

I'm a director of my own business and a trading manager. I was in sales for over 10 years, and a customer complaints agent for 5.

Please believe me when I say, i'm not sure you're the best person to answer these concerns, because sincerely what you typed to me is correctly read as:

"We can't normally do refunds, but we're happy to refund you in this scenario, and I'll sort it". That's an expectation you provided by typing what you did.

I'm not sure if there's a language barrier here or what, but if what you said was said to a customer over the phone, they would now be expecting a refund. And when you try and back peddle, they would ask for your manager.

Back on track from your mistype...

Will the game work this weekend.

Yes, Or no?

Upvote 0
You mistake fixed with refund or recompense.

Arkham Knight refunds on Steam were offered THE SAME DAY as release due to issues much like what this game has. The other games had similair offers to disgruntled players in a short time frame. I know, because I was witnessing it at the time. I run Facebook groups, people on there were reporting back to me.

In regard to "As for the thread being the most viewed, it doesn't mean much. More likely it means that people are curious if your Xbox has fried." I didn't create this posts, and if you look properly you'll notice their PS4 players as well as Xbox players on this forum stating the same issue.

Would you like to contribute anything else?
You're making it seem like I am unaware of the situation with Arkham Knight. Arkham Knights refunds were made up over when the game got fixed. You're missing the point here, Arkham Knight was fixed by a different team all together, not the original team who developed the pc port (who was different from the original team who developed the console ports). After a year and a half the Arkham Knight port finally ran buttery smooth.

Refunds do not encourage or rush developers to fix their games, developers don't purposely release bugged or half-baked games. This has never been a thing.

Also, never said you made the thread, I said people are probably curious to see if your Xbox fried. This isn't to single your experience out alone, but that is how you took it.

"Would you like to contribute anything else?"
Sure, honestly, I think you're trolling here. I wouldn't be surprised if you never actually played the game. I think Tripwire was right for blocking you and you're not saying anything helpful here but just writing and making posts to spite them. I'm even going to go out on a limb and say that you may be a part of the Epic hate squad. If you give this much of a hostile vibe on the official forums, I can't imagine how toxic someone can be on Twitter, YouTube or elsewhere.

Reactions: Doabackflip69
Upvote 0