• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Xbox Overheating Message

We are currently aiming for next week for the hotfix to address the top issues. To quote myself from another thread and the PSA thread:

Right now we have fixes, or potential fixes (more on that in a moment) in play for a good chunk of these and I'll be sharing a Work In Progress changelog later today which should cover what the hotfix is intended to address.

Once that build is completed tonight it will go off to QA and our console partners for further vetting, and we will be taking more time than we originally anticipated in the QA process to do some deeper checks, and that is due to those "potential fixes".

Some of the exact issues that users are experiencing we were not able to reproduce locally here in house. But the team has been looking at where things "could" go wrong in different code paths and hardening that code to try and prevent those issues from happening. In these cases we want to do a deeper check on surrounding systems where that code is touched to make sure it does not have unanticipated breakage in those systems.

Upvote 0
You're making it seem like I am unaware of the situation with Arkham Knight. Arkham Knights refunds were made up over when the game got fixed. You're missing the point here, Arkham Knight was fixed by a different team all together, not the original team who developed the pc port (who was different from the original team who developed the console ports). After a year and a half the Arkham Knight port finally ran buttery smooth.

Refunds do not encourage or rush developers to fix their games, developers don't purposely release bugged or half-baked games. This has never been a thing.

Also, never said you made the thread, I said people are probably curious to see if your Xbox fried. This isn't to single your experience out alone, but that is how you took it.

"Would you like to contribute anything else?"
Sure, honestly, I think you're trolling here. I wouldn't be surprised if you never actually played the game. I think Tripwire was right for blocking you and you're not saying anything helpful here but just writing and making posts to spite them. I'm even going to go out on a limb and say that you may be a part of the Epic hate squad. If you give this much of a hostile vibe on the official forums, I can't imagine how toxic someone can be on Twitter, YouTube or elsewhere.

To suggest I am "a troll would" suggests my aim here is not to have a conclusion that's a result of simple retail logic, but instead to simply flame or agitate.

I've consistently asked for one of two things.

1. Fix the game
2. Refund those who cannot play if you can't fix

You may have your own views on what's a considerable time to wait, but to be completely honest you're either white knighting the game in some fan boi like fashion, or you're simply reverse trolling. Which is quite common on any forum anywhere where people are upset with products not working. Your ilk swarm all over Steam forums daily just looking for someone to descend upon.

To suggest I don't have the game or something similair makes me extremely dubious of your intentions either way, especially when you started here by suggesting I potentially started this post, and I was the only one with a console shutting down with 4k viewers wanting to see if my machine burnt to a crisp.

Now again I genuinely have no idea why you wish to defend the game or Tripwire themselves, but please let me stop you before you go on to explain that, or give me more of your insights on how you perceived a situation where a game wasn't working on release (just like this one) and refunds were given.

I also Remember the second point you made on your first post was also claiming I said they fixed the game in a short time, when was was typed was nothing of the sort.

Now I believe the conversation was between me and staff of this game, regarding the appropriate situation. I think you have all the time & attention from me I'm willing to give.

To be blunt people here own an Xbox and can't play that's the whole point of this post. I fail to see anywhere you saying you have that problem. So let people who can't play express that here appropriately, and perhaps you relocate to somewhere more fitting..

Perhaps where a damsel is in distress maybe?

Upvote 0
We are currently aiming for next week for the hotfix to address the top issues. To quote myself from another thread and the PSA thread:

Right now we have fixes, or potential fixes (more on that in a moment) in play for a good chunk of these and I'll be sharing a Work In Progress changelog later today which should cover what the hotfix is intended to address.

Once that build is completed tonight it will go off to QA and our console partners for further vetting, and we will be taking more time than we originally anticipated in the QA process to do some deeper checks, and that is due to those "potential fixes".

Some of the exact issues that users are experiencing we were not able to reproduce locally here in house. But the team has been looking at where things "could" go wrong in different code paths and hardening that code to try and prevent those issues from happening. In these cases we want to do a deeper check on surrounding systems where that code is touched to make sure it does not have unanticipated breakage in those systems.

Ok all of this sounds promising but honestly did none of your team have a single PS4 or Xbox either base or enhanced, not shut down from overheat?

I mean these aren't PC's with a variety of hardware inside.

If I can replicate a save corrupting on my PS4 Pro, and my Xbox One X shutting down (I can provide you user names if you wish to check I own the game, which I do even on Epic store btw for PC) easily, how did your team not experience it?

Was QA done properly before release, or did the Pandemic prevent lengthy testing because you were all working remotely?

Upvote 0
Just to add in about refunds,

Although you can't issue refunds directly, it would be helpful if you contacted every place that is selling your game to inform them that it doesn't currently work and that refunds should be issued. Especially when dealing with independent sellers or smaller businesses, in my country i'm covered by law to get a refund on faulty products regardless but others may not be so fortunate.

I will be holding on for a fix for now but by yourselves at least being that middle man with the distributors that would show good will.

Reactions: Silentnight
Upvote 0
I for one Had No Over heating Problems on Xbox One X (Many 2 1/2 Hour sessions), None. but other things have occurred. "But" I can say after Reading people having Over heating problems. I immediately took to 30 min sessions and loading up after another 10-35 Min.

May I ask if you have a Scorpio or later edition, and also how long you've had the console? I'm wondering if those without issues have newer lesser used machines.

Upvote 0
First of all hi :) I also have a problem with overheating bug on my Xbox One X (Scorpio - day one). First I installed the game on my internal drive and couldn't get past first minute or two of into cutscene. Following some advice, I reinstalled the game - this time on external drive and I could get past the cutscene and several part of the tutorial activities. Now console restarts during the section in which you need to eat 10 beachgoers - just after eating the first or second one.

Upvote 0
To suggest I am "a troll would" suggests my aim here is not to have a conclusion that's a result of simple retail logic, but instead to simply flame or agitate.

I've consistently asked for one of two things.

1. Fix the game
2. Refund those who cannot play if you can't fix

You may have your own views on what's a considerable time to wait, but to be completely honest you're either white knighting the game in some fan boi like fashion, or you're simply reverse trolling. Which is quite common on any forum anywhere where people are upset with products not working. Your ilk swarm all over Steam forums daily just looking for someone to descend upon.

To suggest I don't have the game or something similair makes me extremely dubious of your intentions either way, especially when you started here by suggesting I potentially started this post, and I was the only one with a console shutting down with 4k viewers wanting to see if my machine burnt to a crisp.

Now again I genuinely have no idea why you wish to defend the game or Tripwire themselves, but please let me stop you before you go on to explain that, or give me more of your insights on how you perceived a situation where a game wasn't working on release (just like this one) and refunds were given.

I also Remember the second point you made on your first post was also claiming I said they fixed the game in a short time, when was was typed was nothing of the sort.

Now I believe the conversation was between me and staff of this game, regarding the appropriate situation. I think you have all the time & attention from me I'm willing to give.

To be blunt people here own an Xbox and can't play that's the whole point of this post. I fail to see anywhere you saying you have that problem. So let people who can't play express that here appropriately, and perhaps you relocate to somewhere more fitting..

Perhaps where a damsel is in distress maybe?
I never said what I thought was a reasonable time to wait, did I? Just pointed out the flaw in your logic and reasoning. Your comparisons weren't veey good and none of the examples you gave were particularly good. You said they were swiftly fixed, they weren't.

Strange, that you say that just because I claimes people could "probably" be here to see your machine burn that this implies I contradicted myself because I later said that maybe you don't even own the game. The fact is, judging by your comments, it's not strange for me to make such a claim after your argument. You haven't really supplied any evidence of you owning the game and don't seem to have any thorough knowlwdge of it.

"I have no idea why you wish to defend the game or Tripwire"
It's not even that. If you haven't noticed your thread was deleted because it was in fact trolling. If you noticed I posted videos of the glitches/bugs in the game so what you're accusing me of here, doesn't quite add up.

"Please let me stop you before you..."
This is never a good thing, if you don't know what you're talking about and you're going to accuse someone, don't do it if you're not ready to be called and made a fool of. It's simple.

You claimed that all the games you listed were fixed swiftly after launch, none of them were.

"Now I beieve this is a conversation between me and the staff of this game"
You must not be very smart. If you're publically making threads with memes and on a public thread, then it's not between you and the staff and I have the same freedom to comment where I see fit as you do. Now you are being entitled to something that doesn't exist just because you don't like that I'm pointing out the fact that you're trolling the boards. Had what you said was being honest, you would have sent a private message to Yoshiro to discuss the game, not get yoirself blocked on Twitter and then publically blast them here. And if I was agreeimg with you, you wouldn't say "This is a conversation bet.

I don't have an issue with anyone stating their ptoblems with the game, don't get it twisted, just don't come here and derail the thread and whine about your ban/block and act like a troll. That's all I'm saying. If you don't want to hear it, just don't do it. Again, it's simple as that.

Just don't act like this and then be questioning people what Xbox type they have and how long they've had it. Because of this is a convo between you and the dev, that means you should give them the same respect ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tried to get a refund.. xbox said no because I had "consumed" the game already.

Absolute joke. I played the game for 2 hours. It cut the console off claiming overheat and I tried again and it died after pressing play.. i then didnt want to damage my console by trying further.

Now I'm stuck with a broken £30 game.

I can tell you exactly what has happened.. theyve rushed the game out untested properly because of the pandemic and they knew they'd have higher sales during this time so they pushed it out early.

Wont ever be buying a game made by these people again.

Upvote 0
I think my feelings are shared by everyone having the overheating issue: this best be sorted by next week....

I for one Had No Over heating Problems on Xbox One X (Many 2 1/2 Hour sessions), None. but other things have occurred. "But" I can say after Reading people having Over heating problems. I immediately took to 30 min sessions and loading up after another 10-35 Min.

PSN: Over 4.5 of 5 Stars (Over One Thousand Players, Digital Version)
Xbox One: 4.4 of 5 Stars

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PSN: Over 4.5 of 5 Stars (Over One Thousand Players, Digital Version)
Xbox One: 4.4 of 5 Stars

On the day of release I played over two hours with no issues. It seems once I got to a busy section of the game the next day the overheats started. Once they start the period between shutdowns seems to get shorter. The last time I played the game was the start of last week for just near an hour when it shutdown again, not touched the game since.

Upvote 0
Lesson to learn, never claim to speak for anyone.....

Is this overheating issue shared by the vast majority? No.

Are you in the minority if you are experiencing overheating? Yes.

Does that make it a less important problem to solve? Of course not.

I can't stand when people exaggerate this issue to the point where they try to convince others that this is being experienced by much more than t actually is.

Also, Slientnight, the fact that you're only liking negative comments and complaints about the game proves my point that you're only hear to troll. I'll say it again, I don't doubt that you're from the Epic hate community and I hope you get banned from here as you don't add anything to the disccussions, you just seem to wan to escalate the drama and complaints to a higher level.

Last edited:
Reactions: KoldStrejke
Upvote 0
Arkham Knight refunds on Steam were offered THE SAME DAY as release due to issues much like what this game has.

I preordered the game, played it the Thursday night, ran into the overheating issue with my Xbox One X, filled out the refund form on the Xbox site that night explaining the issue, and had my money back 48 hours later.

If you want a refund, go through the actual refund process (which you’ve been linked to multiple times for all platforms) instead of arguing with employees on a forum.

Reactions: SharkBoy266
Upvote 0
I preordered the game, played it the Thursday night, ran into the overheating issue with my Xbox One X, filled out the refund form on the Xbox site that night explaining the issue, and had my money back 48 hours later.

If you want a refund, go through the actual refund process (which you’ve been linked to multiple times for all platforms) instead of arguing with employees on a forum.

Just to say to everyone reading, it's best not to reply to people like this & Shark boy, just ignore and wait for an official response or from someone who has read former posts properly.

These people haven't read the thread carefully, all are mostly new accounts, and likely it's either blindly defending the game or just looking to instigate flame to lock down further replies.

No one can get a refund of the Xbox/PSN store if you've played over two hours and then had an overheat. NO ONE. People like myself know because we've tried before coming here to post. Also for the record if you've played under 2 hours they will refund you as long as you claim within the 14 day period.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just to say to everyone reading, it's best not to reply to people like this & Shark boy, just ignore and wait for an official response or from someone who has read former posts properly.

These people haven't read the thread carefully, all are mostly new accounts, and likely it's either blindly defending the game or just looking to instigate flame to lock down further replies.

No one can get a refund of the Xbox/PSN store if you've played over two hours and then had an overheat. NO ONE. People like myself know because we've tried before coming here to post. Also for the record if you've played under 2 hours they will refund you as long as you claim within the 14 day period.

Thank you.
Strange coming from someone who Tripwire has blocked from social media accounts and then you've come here and trolled so hard that your comments and threads have got deleted.

Also, very strange you say I'm a new account when I've been here for awhile (check my stats and when I joined) as you are fairly new and have only trolled, even now you continue to do so and wouldn't be surprised if you had duplicate accounts.

Also strange that you attack someone for pointing out you can refund the game when you never stated specifics before. UNTIL. NOW.

Anything else? Or are you going to stop making these things up as you go along. You can spin this on me and anyone you don't like but people see through the lies and ignorance. I trust that people won't take yoi seriously with what I've brought to the table just now.

Thank you.

Reactions: mcmax3000
Upvote 0
I'm still getting overheating issues on ky series x

Maneater is the only game to do this
At this point after working with Microsoft and releasing an update to address this, the issue has been resolved. Any players that still experience this likely have a hardware issue on their Xbox and it could happen on any game that uses the hardware more fully. You may want to keep an eye out for this in other games and be prepared to contact Xbox support.

Upvote 0