• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Xbox Overheating Message

This bug prevents me from even getting past the first cutscene 😭😭
I've had this issue with ace combat 7 on the One X where at random times it would crash and display the overheat message
Even after 6 months (when I gave up waiting) the devs still hadn't fixed it. I hope this is sorted soon as I really want to play Maneater!!

Upvote 0
Just let my Mrs play through the starting section, and then when she got to the end I restarted and played through about 15 minutes before my machine shut off again.

I can't see it being just a "small number" of people who own an Xbox One X suffering this at all as I can replicate it so easily. My console is in perfect condition and I'll repeat I've never had this issue with any other game. I've hammered Red Dead 2 for hours, never an issue.

Surely that game pushed the console more than this?

Upvote 0
I can't play any of this game without "overheating" so frustrating. Soon as I get past the menu screen it shuts down anywhere from 10 seconds to 2 minuets later

Also, on Xbox one X, extremely well ventilated in a cool room - have external hard drive with hundreds of games and never experienced any overheating on any other game no matter how long the play time.

Have Man hunter on disk tried installing to both external and internal hard drives but still same issue.

Upvote 0
Xbox One X Project Scorpio edition, Have had the Overheat message 4 times now. Wont be able to play again till it is fixes ad I am fearful it will damage my Xbox and need it to last till the new one comes out at the end of the year. Seems to happen most often during combat with Hunters, 3 out of the 4 times happened mid fight the forth time happened when I was fighting a hunted Make with 3 other sharks attacking at the same time. Really sad, been waiting for this for soo long now and was maybe an hour away from finishing before all 4 shut downs happened. hope it is fixed soon as I cannot avoid the internet forever and just a matter of time before I get spoiled :-(

Upvote 0
Overheating Bug Report Additional Information:

I have an Xbox One X with an external hard drive that requires it's own power supply. The hard drive is plugged into a surge protector that is plugged into the same outlet as the Xbox. Whenever Maneater causes my Xbox to shutdown, which is extremely frequent now, it turns off my hard drive as well. To get the hard drive to turn back on I have to unplug the power supply and plug it back in. Normally my hard drive does not shut down at all unless I unplug it.

I hope that somehow this information helps to understand the cause of the problem.

Reactions: Silentnight
Upvote 0