• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Xbox One X - Consistent Progress Loss

Live4Doom

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 6, 2020
United Kingdom
Recently bought the game digitally, no issues present as long as I never shut the game off, however after restart at least one of, or a combination of, a few things may happen.
Current progression reset bugs I have had:

Scenario - Eating everything and anything around for leveling, taking on infamy till around infamy 4 (limit for my level before I am killed), then doing collectibles and further eating. Leveling up perks at the grotto by manually swimming to it to get gold 'Healthy' 'Sonar' and Mineral perks, further hunting and then fast traveling to grotto before quitting to main menu.
  1. If I choose to focus on collectibles I will be able to collect what I need and then all of those materials and any levels gained will disappear upon reset, collectibles will remain collected, bounty targets will remain killed.
  2. As above however bounties will also reset and I will keep some of the perks e.g. I can re-kill the bounty hunters that award perks I already have equipped (Hearty for example)
  3. My level will reset to 9, I will keep some perks but they will all demote to green or lower, collectibles will remain collected and all materials will vanish that I have farmed
Really enjoy the game so far, however losing all nutrient caches rewards I have collected is very demotivating. It's about my tenth time going between Lvl 9 and Lvl 14. The first few times I just thought I was mistaken, until I looked into it being something others have experienced.

Happy to fill in any gaps or give any further info to help narrow the issue down.

1 TB Black Xbox One X Console with 2TB external Storage via USB 3.0
20 GB Free on Internal Drive (Maneater installed here)
250 GB free on External Drive
Game is played in 4K without HDR

Loss of progress has occurred when:
  1. Resuming from suspended (instant on mode, guide button held, turn off console) after quitting the game
  2. Starting the game up fresh from full shutdown
  3. Starting the game up fresh after playing another game
To try to avoid this I have made sure to always visit the grotto before turning off, both via direct swimming and via fast travel, it hasn't helped.

After loss of nutrients and level, my first thing that I do in game is quick farm them back up again. My current main mission is to 'Check on Scaly Pete' and all other objectives go from complete to incomplete depending on level of loss when I turn the game on. If my collectibles haven't reset then I immediately go to hunting humans till I get infamy for fast nutrients.
As I have typically lost about 40k of nutrients on each I do this for a while until about infamy 4 at which point I go to grotto to level up perks, gold on Sonar, gold on Hearty, purple for Mineral Digestion.

Depending on level of frustration I will then either quit to menu or do a bit more farming for nutrients by eating random fish.

If you need more detail on any of the above please let me know.

Upvote 0
Didn't let me edit but have an update.

Update: Logged in during lunch, started up console fresh from full shutdown, opened Maneater, selected continue. Level reset to Lvl 9 and shark is a teen again, however my collectibles are still collected and quest progress is up to date, bounty was at 5 so it had not reset either. Checked evolutions and I no longer have Bone Teeth or Protein Digestion but those quests show as complete in Journal.

Upvote 0