• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] x-com weekend deal on steam

They're great games well UFO and Terror from the Deep at least, bloody hard but good, I picked them up last year in a steam sale somehow I never found a copy on my Amgia :(. Outside the actual fighting there is a decent amount of mircomanagment.

You have your bases which you can build structures & base defenses in, then you have technician who build you're equipment weapons etc and scientists you research new stuff (say you have an alien captured or their corpse from after a mission, researching that may lead to a new type of weapon to research or information about the species). You've also got to equip & hire your troops (though that doesnt take to much ,just give everyone the best stuff and fire people with rubbish stats (bravery!!!)) and can shuttle supplies between bases once you've got more than one. Overall though most of your time will be spent intercepting UFOs/Subs and being killed on missions. Probably a good idea to get a guide for whats best to research in order as some things are useless and others vital to surviving.

But yeah great games though not very approachable.

EDIT
Nooo. Deal is over.:(

Upvote 0
Sounds good, pity I just missed the pack but im gonna buy the first one and see how I get on. Ive been watchin some Let's play vids on Youtube and it looks quite good plus there are a few helpful threads in the Steam forum.

Yeah I bought them (about this time last year) out of nostalgia remember seeing them in the old Amgia (POWER!!!) magazines back in the day, but it wasnt until I watched some on youtube that i properly played them.

This one is pretty good, if a bit crazy http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D7DE1C42D89C81C0

Upvote 0
I watched all of that Lets Play got me inspired to play and also after watchin it all I know how to play. I didn't really enjoy it at first it ran really slow but once I searched the steam X-com forums I found a few ini changes that have really helped, only problem is when my interceptor engages a UFO the game slow down to a snails pace ill need to have a look and see why it does this.

Overall I luv it even playing it on easy its still really tough at the start. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0