• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWII FPS from Axis perspective?

Raven1986

Grizzled Veteran
May 24, 2014
Hello folks! :)

I can definitely say I killed the entire German Army from both World Wars by the amount of AI Germans I had to slaughter in order to play through all MoH and CoD titles. This is over one decade of shooters that just featured one side. I didn't write the "good side" as this is certainly not true. Black and white is never present in wars, it is only described like this in the victor's version of history. The one who does still believe that Germans = bad, Allied = good, left their brain somewhere in spring 1945. :rolleyes:

One thing I almost always heard was "Then you'd be fighting for a dictator and his system of injustice!"
Interestingly no one ever complained when we got to fight as a Soviet soldier whose supreme commander is just the same asshole expect with a different color (and mustache). :rolleyes:

For me WWII games have become boring, why? Because it is the same boring missions played for the Allies. I believe it kind of strange that we get the chance to play as terrorists - resistance fighters are nothing else to me - rather than fighting as a regular soldier. Imagine you could play a Taliban in a singleplayer game, playing as French resistance is the same.

But as I said, for me this fatigue comes from the same dull and shallow missions and the same old enemy we are indoctrinated to hate. Really? Just because they were born in a different country than we were?

Those of you who have seen Generation War aka Unsere M

Yes it does, but do you have any affiliation with the men fighting next to you? They are just AI allies, nothing more. I'm thinking about a game like Brothers in Arms from the Axis perspective. So you get to know your squad mates and you feel with them or against them.

No game has done that yet, which is very sad. :(

Upvote 0