• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Preparing For Spring

I'm terms of high-level teamwork, commando is superior over SWAT.

Zed-time extension can be godlike when used in conjunction with a team full of lvl 25's. It can also be aggravating for lvl24's and under who are stuck reloading/doing nothing.

In pubs, commando is just harder to take advantage of. Health bars are near-useless. You shoot a Zed until it's dead. Spotting cloaked enemies is nice but isn't as helpful as other class' team-friendly passives such as...

Resupply pack
Door Traps
Broken door repair
Faster Medic recharge rate

I love the class though.

Upvote 0
Fouts;n2288669 said:
In pubs, commando is just harder to take advantage of. Health bars are near-useless.

Hold on there, health bars are so useful especially in pubs. Every time someone just knock down scrakes or fp, most assume it's dead, Commando saves the day by shooting at it and/or callout to teammates they're not done yet.

If someone takes longer time or messed up their take downs, Commando can finish up by checking their health bars and tell the teammates and/or finish it.

Health bars are so useful in extending zed time when under barrage of fire and smoke from demo, you're practically aimbot the zeds.

In no way health bars are useless.

Upvote 0
Pavlov's dog Good, u just read the special characteristics (which every perk has) for commando. Both commando and swat are perks based of high fire rate wpns. i said that the only important reason for someone to choose commando -among the two of them always- is for the team and cause of that "detect vision". If u analyse it more of course u will find other reasons, as u would do for any other perk! Thats why "necessary" was inside "". I was talking for the feeling, playing with!..
Arkadeivitch U can win ANY server with ANY perk. You just need good players with communication (in some cases u even dont). So none perk is actually "necessary" for starting any game in any server! I have won many HOE games so far, with completely strangers and totaly random perks (some times, we even, all had the same).. "CD" servers? what is that again? Are u talking for some guys, in some specific servers, who think they are "pro", u must be for them lvl 25 with specific "needed" perk and specific "gameplay plan" for stay? LOL
Come on. HOE is not so tactical, or so almost-impossible-hard yet! I wish it was!

Its easier to play with swat, cause u dont even need great aim. U can move around, spreading bullets extremely fast, with almost no recoil. Now, add also: big mags/bullet resistance (passives), 50-100 armor from the beginning (150 total and is also protected from sirens scream), zeds cannot grab u, stun ability (grenades) and unlimited bullets on zed time. If u combine all of these, for me is totally OP and unbalanced. So among the two of these "fast firing" perks, commando needed a boost, for make him personally stronger (not something team-based again), or swat needed a nerf/better balance..

PS: sorry for my english is not my main language

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tagasaki;n2288670 said:
Hold on there, health bars are so useful especially in pubs. Every time someone just knock down scrakes or fp, most assume it's dead, Commando saves the day by shooting at it and/or callout to teammates they're not done yet.

If someone takes longer time or messed up their take downs, Commando can finish up by checking their health bars and tell the teammates and/or finish it.

Health bars are so useful in extending zed time when under barrage of fire and smoke from demo, you're practically aimbot the zeds.

In no way health bars are useless.

Ever wonder what those stars circling around a zed's head mean? It means they're stunned or they got knocked down.

If you see a big zed on the floor with those stars around its head, then you know it's still alive. No health bars required.

I'll admit that health bars are useful for that x-ray vision you speak of. That's why I said it's NEAR-useless.

Upvote 0
Fok;n2288676 said:
Its easier to play with swat, cause u dont even need great aim. U can move around, spreading bullets extremely fast, with almost no recoil. Now, add also: big mags/bullet resistance (passives), 50-100 armor from the beginning (150 total and is also protected from sirens scream), zeds cannot grab u, stun ability (grenades) and unlimited bullets on zed time. If u combine all of these, for me is totally OP and unbalanced. So among the two of these "fast firing" perks, commando needed a boost, for make him personally stronger (not something team-based again), or swat needed a nerf/better balance..

PS: sorry for my english is not my main language

Good, you just read the special characteristics (which every perk has) for SWAT. - just using your own words
You see, I can act in bad faith too.

Commando is extremely powerfull if you know how to play it, while SWAT is just an half-commando made for those who still need some practice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Arkadeivitch;n2288688 said:
Good, you just read the special characteristics (which every perk has) for SWAT. - just using your own words
You see, I can act in bad faith too.

Commando is extremely powerfull if you know how to play it, while SWAT is just an half-commando made for those who still need some practice.

i know. I did it in purpose for watch who will be predictable and take the bait. So maybe im just smarter with my own annoying way.. ;P
If u "know how to play" u can also win by only using ur knife, so define what u mean... SWAT is better for amateurs , cause is just better/more poweful for solo runs and they can just play better with him. Thats all!
U are speaking like Commando has any extremely special, difficult and so philosophical/different-from-other-perks way to play with.. He hasnt! In the end u just move and shoot as in every other perk!
I just see that commando is simple ur favourite perk. I mostly play with commando too, but is also and the main reason which allow me to "judge" him.
But seriously.. its ur opinion and mine, no need to agree

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Arkadeivitch;n2288657 said:
Thank you Pavlov's Dog

:eek:

To Fok:
You are right and you are wrong about my post. You are right because the Commando class design and description were put together by devs - at least a few of whom I daresay can play Commando very well and know what they're doing. Your comment, though correct, does not detract from the truth of what I posted. You are wrong because I did not just copy-paste the Commando's description. I've maxed out the class in KF1 and KF2. I've gotten every KF2 commando-related achievement in KF2. I've played through many matches at every difficulty level with the Commando. I've taken all my play time with Mando and come to many of the same conclusions I suspect the devs meant us to come to - I.E., the description and perk strengths of the Mando class. Everything I posted still holds true.

I did not mean to suggest that the Commando is better than SWAT or that I prefer one over the other. I think both are insanely fun, awesome classes; however, I also have problems with both classes (not going to go into detail here). I think the Stoner will be a great addition to Mando, but I do not think it would work well as a cross-perk with SWAT because of the "larger magazine size" SWAT class bonus. That bonus would make it tough to balance the Stoner 63. But we'll have to wait and see how TWI implement the weapon.

Upvote 0
Pavlov's Dog, for me the best, would be a class using only lmgs/heavy guns. But as we all know, probably, that will never happen. And yes i think Swat (regardless my opinion for him) cannot have any lmg, cause (as u said) he will have extra mag size, fast reload and unlimited bullets on zed time (thats also important!) all the same time! For me tripwire added the lmg for 2 reasons 1) a power boost and more supporting role for commando and 2) cause too many people were asking for lmgs, so commando was the only one could fit with it. I think with a single clever move they covered 2 things.

Upvote 0
Kittenmittens;n2288723 said:
If you guys wish to discuss the pros and cons of specific perks in detail, it would be best done in its own thread. This one is intended to discuss the WWAUT that's posted.

Speaking of mag sizes, how's the Commando's perk options "50% extra mag size" and "100% mag size" going to affect the implementation of the Stoner 63? Will it be a 75-round standard mag boosted to 100, 125, or 150 rounds depending on perk assignments? Will the base mag size be reduced for balance reasons?

Will the damage model be scaled back because of the large capacity? I cannot stand the way some games nullify LMGs by reducing their damage. It's shooting a rifle cartridge, for goodness sake. Why do some devs make LMGs feel like airsoft guns?

I guess what I'm getting at is I'm very interested in how TWI will balance the Stoner 63. Will it be through recoil, damage, rate of fire, reload speed, carry weight, in-game trader price, etc. etc. etc.?

Reactions: Fok
Upvote 0
Veny;n2288876 said:
I hope only reload time and recoil will be used to ballance the weapon. Theoretically it would be enough to make reload speed twice as high as for AK12 with same damage and 50 round mag.

if im not wrong these magazine boxes contain 100-150 belt rounds depending on the size. 50 rounds is nothing when a normal magazine contains 30.

http://modernfirearms.net/machine/usa/stoner-63-e.html
check "data for Stoner 63A Commando .."

Tripwire makes the weapons realistic. Ive checked some fire rates for example and the values in the game are exactly the same with the real ones. Even the recoil, kinda the dmg (with the logic which one must be more powerful) etc, etc.. Stoner uses the same bullets with bullpup. Now, i didnt check barrels and other parts which affect the power of the gun, but i guess it will have dmg between bullpup or AK. Fire rate should be at worst kinda like m16 and at best kinda like mp7 smg (according the real values). The ammo cost must be high and the weight maybe 7-9 . Even the reload time should be realistic (cause they have realistic reloading animations) and it will may be like 3 times more than an AR.
Or i can be completely wrong :p All i know for sure, is that i cannot wait..

Last edited:
Upvote 0