• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Preparing For Spring

Azukki;n2288362 said:
Yeah weaker than SCAR per shot is a sure bet.
Stoner 63A being 5.56, it's probably about as weak per shot as the L85A2, M16, and Varmint's 30dmg.
But they go at 700-1000rpm. So that's probably 350-500 dps, compared to full auto AK12's 400.

That belt box shown fits 100 rounds, and KF2's standard so far is that whatever is shown is usually the base capacity. So with the commando capacity skills, we could be looking at 250rds in this thing.
Or, unlike usual, the maximum we can fit in in-game could be what's shown, and the base capacity is 40.

They could plenty plausibly balance it as either a tier 4 or as a tier 3 if they like.
Well, since it has box magazine with ammo belt, i think reloading will take two times longer than for assault rifles... or even more!
This could be also great ballance mechanism - it will require teamwork because being defenseless for 4+ secons can be fatal at higher difficulties. Either you can do tons of damage, or die soon - depends on your teammates and their ability to cover you (this exactly coop games need imho).
Plus i bet people will be choosing faster reload skill instead of bigger mag - because what i wrote above :D

Upvote 0
pie1055;n2287932 said:
OK I have a question. Is there any specific difference between a LMG and an assault rifle in general? If this Stoner-63 is in an assault rifle configuration and it has a box magazine, what keeps it in LMG status?

Only thing I can think of is caliber, but I don't know if a different configuration would change that.

Weight. Lmgs are designed for higher round counts fir suppressive fire. So tjeir barrels are thicker and most componemts are heavier to absorb more heat and abuse. So they are heavier.

You wouldnt wanna be cqb or roomnclearing with a lmg..too heavy. Assault rifles are meant to be relatively light and easy ti carry and maneuver. Assault rifles cannot sustain the round counts if a lmg with suffering damage due to heat build up.

Upvote 0
Hymdall;n2288585 said:
Is there a chance the stoner will dual perk with the swat?

Well, stoner seems to have box magazine which means 50+ rounds without skills. I like that commando has to choose between faster reload (reload speed for this beauty will be slow i bet, as a part of ballance) and even bigger magazine.
I dont like the vision of SWAT having faster reload as skill plus up to +100% mag size from passive. While i am not strictly against this multiperk idea, i am not sure about the result... just saying
SWAT should remain SMG and automatic pistol oriented and Commando should have his assault rifles. I was thinking about adding Stoner to Berzerkes as well but people mainly dissliked this idea...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Swat is already OP and some people keep saying «Give stoner to swat too»... It seems like every kid asking an LMG for his favourite perk these days. Stoner is an AR/LMG so guess what perk should use it!
Its just a boost for commando, who is weak these days (thats why most people choose swat) and the pistol, is a boost for the firebug, who is one of the few perks didnt take any "new" wpn, by that multi-perk system..
It seems a very logical and simple move by the developers, so be serious!..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fok;n2288594 said:
Its just a boost for commando, who is weak these days (thats why most people choose swat)

Well, you can kill a scrake way more easily with a single mag of SCAR than a Kriss (without stun I mean).
And a commando is a must have, especially on controlled difficulty servers. SWAT is not.
Commando is not weak, SWAT is, but that's normal, he's not a Commando.

But of course I agree with you don't worry, SWAT shouldn't have an LMG. I just wanted to get things right, Commando is NOT weak if used by the good hands.

Upvote 0
Arkadeivitch;n2288628 said:
Well, you can kill a scrake way more easily with a single mag of SCAR than a Kriss (without stun I mean).

guess the stun is the main reason for people choosing swat (k, the kriss sound is cool too ^^). even a braindead can handle the big ones with it.

also the lmg is a nogo for swat

the recoild of the lmg will be interessting, even light 5.56mm ladies caliber, its still a mg

Upvote 0
Arkadeivitch;n2288628 said:
And a commando is a must have, especially on controlled difficulty servers. SWAT is not.
Commando is not weak, SWAT is, but that's normal, he's not a Commando.

But of course I agree with you don't worry, SWAT shouldn't have an LMG. I just wanted to get things right, Commando is NOT weak if used by the good hands.

Yeah right, swat is not better, without stun, huge fire rate and passive mag size.. it feels like swat has already "small sized lmgs" (smg). U dont even need any personal skills for play with swat. With commando u can kill scrakes more easily, only if u have accurancy, and cause the scar still has better single bullet dmg than kriss. That could be the only reason. The only reason commando can be "necessary" for the team right now is only cause his detection ability.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Commando is useful/powerful because of the following:

- Spots hidden Zeds
- Extends Zed Time (more important in high-level / high-difficulty games)
- Has good mid-zed killing capabilities (sirens, husks, bloats, gorefasts/fiends)
- Can help DPS scrakes with bullets and FPs with grenades (bonus explosive damage, baby)
- Can reliably clear trash when necessary
- Can run a very nice SCAR/medic rifle or SCAR/M203 setup now that cross-perk is a thing (hallelujah)
- Can help prioritize zed targets by relaying remaining HP (admittedly easier with mics)

Stoner 63 is only gonna make things better. Commando is not underpowered; Commando is underappreciated (and probably used poorly by a lot of the haters).

Upvote 0