WWAUT - Preparing For Spring

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

NOD

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 6, 2009
You guys answered the call for an LMG! thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! :DDD

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
WeretigerRei;n2287924 said:
Is it an LMG configuration or or an Assault Rifle configuration?

By the looks of it it's an lmg without bipod... i wonder how they will balance it out tho.

RoastinGhost

Jul 14, 2011
Minnesota
I think a 5.56x45mm LMG with a relatively low fire rate and ammo capacity was a much more likely bet than something bigger. I wouldn't have guessed that the first LMG would be the Stoner 63, though. Maybe Tripwire is in a Vietnam kinda mood?

Maybe if it's a Tier 3, we could get an RPK or an Ultimax 100 as a Tier 4?

pie1055

Jul 6, 2011
Bedlam
OK I have a question. Is there any specific difference between a LMG and an assault rifle in general? If this Stoner-63 is in an assault rifle configuration and it has a box magazine, what keeps it in LMG status?

Only thing I can think of is caliber, but I don't know if a different configuration would change that.

Last edited:

WeretigerRei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 24, 2015
pie1055;n2287932 said:
OK I have a question. Is there any specific difference between a LMG and an assault rifle in general? If this Stoner-63 is in an assault rifle configuration and it has a box magazine, what keeps it in LMG status?

Only thing I can think of is caliber, but I don't know if a different configuration would change that.

IRL or in game? IRL I believe LMGs have longer effective firing range than Assault Rifles. They can also spit out a larger amount of bullets depending on the setup.

Last edited:

Veny

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 1, 2015
Looks nice... i guess that revolver will be Gunslinger/Firebug crossperk... cant wait (for opt in beta of course :D )
And that stoner... do i see box magazine? First LMG maybe? I hope so :D

masteriamamind

Oct 12, 2010
Evil Lair
I have been waiting YEARS (without mods) to play with a lmg in killing floor! Thanks Tripwire! Its nice to see the trajectory of KF2 following the first one as far as outstanding post release support. Side note: We are all drooling over the weapons, but did anyone notice that TWI put a face on the "trader" character. We may be getting another lady to shoot zeds with soon as well!

Mises

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 1, 2016
masteriamamind;n2287952 said:
did anyone notice that TWI put a face on the "trader" character. We may be getting another lady to shoot zeds with soon as well!
Her face was shown as soon as Zedconomy was implemented (from what I know - maybe she was in some artbook in the collector's edition, but I don't own it).

oldmidget

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 8, 2015
oh boy.

i wonder what the LMG will be like. also the flare pistol looks a bit different?

half_baked

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 3, 2012
pie1055;n2287932 said:

Are you talking about LMGs in terms of video game applications or battlefield applications?

In terms of battlefield applications, LMGs in intermediate calibers (5.56x45, 5.45X39 and 7.62X39) are better suited for suppressing fire than assault rifles. This is because LMGs use longer and heaver barrels to allow a much higher heat capacity. Some LMGs even have quick change barrels that can be swapped out in order to keep firing. Belt feed systems are also used to hold much more ammo at once. The all come with their own downsides such as adding weight and complexity to firearms and drastically increase the cost of manufacturing rifles.

There are of course IARs (Infantry Automatic Rifles) which are essentially Assault rifles with longer and heaver barrels that lose the ability for quick change barrels and belt feed mechanisms in order to keep down cost and share parts commonality with assault rifles while still providing better covering fire than assault rifles.

TL;DR: No gun is perfect at everything.

Back to KF2

Kittenmittens is wrong on the description of the Stoner63, if you look at the renders, the gun is using the belt feeding mechanism. The belt is simply held inside of box for transportation.

half_baked

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 3, 2012
Mises;n2287954 said:
Her face was shown as soon as Zedconomy was implemented (from what I know - maybe she was in some artbook in the collector's edition, but I don't own it).

Yes, her face is also shown in the art book.

Tagasaki

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 4, 2015
OMG, this happens when my GPU shuts down on me, man I can no longer play KF2. ;_;

Thanks for all this TWI!

Utopia-Phoenix

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Qingdao, Shandong, China
I've been waiting for lmgs for YEARS as well. The argues (or more aggressively, riots) about the OP of lmg had ravaged the forum for years, and ruined my ability to tolerate them. I am clearly aware that lmg or iar does not have any OP issue since they are no more than big magazine assault rifles.

Thanks for shutting up that IDIOTIC OP argument!