• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Heading Towards (an opt-in) Beta

DeadPlayer123;n2265225 said:
Obs: I am game desiner, your comment is just stupid. There is a reason why almost everybody thinks kf1 is still better then kf2, and everybody that played a lot kf1 still play it even having kf2, the reason is that kf1 is an good game, kf2 is not yet, hopefully TW will figure out what to do to make this game epic, but so far, some decisions are just wrong.

His comment is rather differentiated than stupid imo, which is something I can't claim for your blant generalization of what "most" people like or don't like. A game designer? Really? :confused:

DeadPlayer123;n2265225 said:
To to put it simple awsner, if the medic is afk of waiting too long to heal team, it should change to another class since this team dont really need an medic. Its an fact that most teams dont need medic, some dont need bezerkes, some dont need demolitions etc. An good team is made by the composition, an team with 3 medics for example is just doomed to louse. Strategy should be an important component in kf2 as it is in kf1.

I agree that medic should switch perk or load out when there is nothing to heal. Luckily, they're looking to evolve the perk into a useful supporter outside of the scope of other's mistakes. That's easily the most important change in this beta imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: taiiat
Upvote 0
It looks like Gunslinger and Sharpshooter got really good buffs (+50%movement speed?!?) also support look interesting. Just wondering why Berserker keeps getting shafted? Is the general feeling that zerk should keep being punished because there are players that abuse this class and play cheese tactics and ruin others gameplay experience? Not all people who play the zerk do this and it is really hurting the players that are using the zerk properly. Parry should be a passive skill like damage resistance and movement speed and attack speed.

Upvote 0
hotaka;n2265256 said:
It looks like Gunslinger and Sharpshooter got really good buffs (+50%movement speed?!?) also support look interesting. Just wondering why Berserker keeps getting shafted? Is the general feeling that zerk should keep being punished because there are players that abuse this class and play cheese tactics and ruin others gameplay experience? Not all people who play the zerk do this and it is really hurting the players that are using the zerk properly. Parry should be a passive skill like damage resistance and movement speed and attack speed.

I agree with gunslinger, it will improve a lot this class. But sharpshooter is still not in the right way, the hs counter will be useless for this class since the rate of fire is small ( unless using m14 but since it cant kill sc fp it still useless ), giving speed boost for a class that has bonus to shoot standstill and using scope is really stupid, I wander if they have any ideal on what they want for this class. In kf1 this class is all about concentrated fire to kill big zeds and its kind bad to kill smaller zeds, they really should look at the same way of thinking but it seems they are lost.

Upvote 0
Firebug DoT suggestions:

Make DoT work as in kf1 where damage per burn tick increases over time. While this doesn't make good logical sense it makes good game sense as more enemies die more certainly when left to burn on their own, if not as fast as holding M1.

(Default Fire Weapons) Make DoT duration start at 0.5sec-ish and increase to a max with the amount/frequency of fire damage being applied. The more you hose an enemy the longer he will burn.

(Firebug Skills) Make DoT duration start higher/at maximum with the slightest of singeing. I think this would make duration-increasing skills more valuable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
pie1055;n2265279 said:
Firebug DoT suggestions:

Make DoT work as in kf1 where damage per burn tick increases over time. While this doesn't make good logical sense it makes good game sense as more enemies die more certainly when left to burn on their own, if not as fast as holding M1.

(Default Fire Weapons) Make DoT duration start at 0.5sec-ish and increase to a max with the amount/frequency of fire damage being applied. The more you hose an enemy the longer he will burn.

(Firebug Skills) Make DoT duration start higher/at maximum with the slightest of singeing. I think this would make duration-increasing skills more valuable.

well it does make some sense, as the fire might start in one concentrated place it would later spread to the whole body and inside, but it would probably be harder to balance than linear dmg, i still think that a bit more dmg per tick would be better than longer duration, in most cases is unpractical to wait for them to burn, maybe unless you are kiting.

regardless of that i'd like to see a skill or weapon feature that when you hold it, the heat would increase and do more dmg than bursts at the expense of being ammo unefficient, making the flamethrower somewhat usable against big zeds in desperate situations, but still not as good as most other weapons that are mainly good against them.
so in a nutshell:

-betted dmg per tick for DOT=better for dmg efficiency but still takes some time (less than now).
-better dmg on holding =better dmg for a short time but less ammo efficient.

of course both within reason.

Upvote 0
Escadin;n2265247 said:
I agree that medic should switch perk or load out when there is nothing to heal. Luckily, they're looking to evolve the perk into a useful supporter outside of the scope of other's mistakes. That's easily the most important change in this beta imo.
aye. having Skills that benefit more than just Healing, means Medic exists for more than just that.

DeadPlayer123;n2265276 said:
giving speed boost for a class that has bonus to shoot standstill and using scope is really stupid, I wander if they have any ideal on what they want for this class.
it makes complete sense, since Sharpshooter has a Skill for Damage Bonus while Crouched, and Sharpshooter will crabwalk at the speed of light.

(it's a bonus only while Crouching)

pie1055;n2265279 said:

i'm not sure but i think i like this.

random;n2265281 said:
regardless of that i'd like to see a skill or weapon feature that when you hold it, the heat would increase and do more dmg than bursts at the expense of being ammo unefficient, making the flamethrower somewhat usable against big zeds in desperate situations, but still not as good as most other weapons that are mainly good against them.

Husk Gun that instead of shooting a 'giant fire bullet', creates an Explosion???

Upvote 0
Ryno5660;n2265363 said:
I think Random means that the more you hose an enemy with petrol the more vulnerable they become to that firing session, if that makes sense?

yup, thats what i meant, the husk gun idea is not bad at all, but what i meant is a system that applies to the weapons we already have, either in the weapon itself or by a skill.
firebug is not one of my favorites but i like to play it now and then, and i think that to people who really like fire it might be more satisfying to be able to hose down zeds every now and then for more inmediate dmg at the cost of low ammo efficiency, kinda of like the Husk close range attack. Even with the bugs removed it seems the most practical way to use it is to spray burst, which can be nice for hit and run, but not all that fun.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro;n2264814 said:
LvL 25 Zed Time - Airborne Agent
  • You release a healing gas from your location During Zed time, healing teammates close by.

I just now noticed you took the time to add an impressive "healling gas explosion" effect to airborne agent. Is it really necessary to leave that behind? Is it really necessary to change AA at all?

It's only problem right now is that sedative is naturally much more attractive. Couldn't you just make it so airborne agent triggers also if you hit walls/floor/zeds instead of only on contact with players? That would make placement a lot easier and maybe even put this skill on par with the new version of sedative!

Upvote 0