• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WW2, unreal engine 3 style...

More marketing bollocks, Ill lay ten quid down saying it wont look that good on release. We always get this - apparent "in game screenshots" which turn out to be pre-rendered, showing off the technology, but you know full well when released it wont look much better. Besides, BiA was utter tripe as a game. It felt more like playing Virtua Cop; move to a position, take cover, exchange fire with invincible Germans for a while, then move around the flank. Move onto next position, rinse and repeat. Yawn.

If it does actually look anywhere near that good and plays better, maybe Ill change my mind.

Wow, Im negative this evening.

Upvote 0
screen1_large.jpg

That's not from a game, that's real life:eek:

Upvote 0
Conscript said:
More marketing bollocks, Ill lay ten quid down saying it wont look that good on release. We always get this - apparent "in game screenshots" which turn out to be pre-rendered, showing off the technology, but you know full well when released it wont look much better. Besides, BiA was utter tripe as a game. It felt more like playing Virtua Cop; move to a position, take cover, exchange fire with invincible Germans for a while, then move around the flank. Move onto next position, rinse and repeat. Yawn.

Oi! :mad:

Virtua Cop was good.

Upvote 0
Reddog said:
Remember how good the 'in game' screen shots for the first BiA looked as against the final game?

I'm betting these shots are pre-rendered or heavily touched up, just like the shots of the first game...
Have you seen ANY of the screenshots/movies of UnrealEngine 3? like Gears of War and Huxley?

This is ingame stuff, the next generation of games.

Google videos of UE3

Upvote 0
To me BiA3 screenshots look like they are not even in game screenshots. When you compare the screenshots to the video showing gameplay of BiA3, the screenshots look totally different with odd positions and made up scenarios. I'm not saying that the screens are too good to be true, but they just look completely different than the video.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Brothers in Arms is a good game. In many cases it was more tactical than RO the mod. The firefights in BiA work almost perfectly. It's definately as realistic as RO, as long as you set the difficulty on highest and disable all of the silly icons. Sorry, but I just had to defend one of my favourite games there. :)

The vid... I doubt it's ingame. Did you see how he grabs that soldier that gets shot? I don't think that's going to happen in game. If the animations really do look like that, I'm going to cream myself.

Oh, and the game is set in Holland! :) I've been wanting a realistic WWII game set in Holland for quite some time! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0