• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WW 111 Revisited

Thetoad

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Bergen County N.J.
It seemed like only yesterday,yet Milhous Nixon,changed the strategic balance by a visit to the Chinese Premier Chou En Lai.

So in 1972,Leonid Brezhnev,feeling isolated,in charge of 1.8 Million Troops,51 thousand tanks,T54/55,T-64's,and the revolutionary BMP-1,felt confident.It was now,,or never for the capture of western Europe,save France,who promised non intervention.

The numbers were on their side,,not to mention the logistics,although they never devoted much to that.Get there with the mostests,and put rounds downrange,was their mantra.

Combat aircraft 7,300,to nato's 3875.

Weaponry considerations ,
Warsaw,had @ it's disposal MIG23's,25's,Hind 24's,prop bears,and some TUP's,in addition for tactical defense along with their SAM family,the ZSU quad 23 mm,and the Gurdish radar.

To this affair ,Nato brought M60's,some M103's,and T-95's,along with the ubiquitous M113,,,,however the major players would be ,the Bell Super Cobra,and the new Fairchild A-10 Warthog.Not enough chips to play this game..

Unknown,to all,,,save a few,was the trump card,,that had to be used....6th Battallion,40th,field Artillery,3rd Armored Division,,,,using their 155 S.P.Nuclear capable Pieces,to save Munich,and it's irreplaceable BEER RECIPES.we lost Berlin,,but won the war.

Those were the DAZE,,,my friend,,,,I thought they would never end,,,,,,,but they did......

Last edited:
Since I am an audience of one,,

Since I am an audience of one,,

I'll just carry on.
Given the firepower arrayed on each side,,and the proximity advantages,along with the CCCP overwhelming armor advantage,advantage USSR.

Can not envision any way of stopping the hordes unless tactical nukes were employed,by the U.S.

Cooler heads would then have prevailed but not before a geographic change would have taken hold in parts of western Europe.

It's been a pleasure,,,,,,

Upvote 0
New beginning

New beginning

Just bought. Toshiba 17.3 inch P.C.It is a first for me...

Was considering becoming a recruit of sorts,,once I figure out how to use it...

I wonder if it is decent,,,,HOME DEPOT Toshiba Satellite,,,,,sold for $529 ,,I bought some extra warranty stuff...

By the way,,,,did WW111 happen,,,or was I in a deep sleep?

Consider my proposal,,,,,,please...

Upvote 0