• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wrong uniform.

Homuth

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
The Netherlands
No this is not the rant you were expecting.

I ran across a bug today, which was quite frustrating. Just playing as a Russian rifleman in Station map and shot a guy in a German uniform through the head. 2 seconds later kill message arrived, saying I killed one of my own guys and negative points as result. This was clearly not the case, I even walked up to the corpse and it was definitely a German, I had not fired a single shot either before I killed him.

Few maps later playing German team, a guy in a Russian uniform spawned when the map started, so some smart-*** pulled a grenade and we lost 6 guys to that including the Russian and myself.

Has this happened to any of you before?

Don't have a screenshot since I have the Steam overlay disabled for extra FPS.

Last edited:
Happened to me as well, I killed 7 germans one game, after the game I looked and it gave me a -4 for teamkill. I haven't killed any teammates since the game released (I did on accident once or twice in beta when I first started playing) it's very easy for me to tell at a glance, even in sillouette, if someone is german or russian even on snow maps so I know I didn't shoot any allies that round, much less 2-4 of them. I've also been killed by my a teammate once right after an autobalance, I couldn't see myself obviously so I'm guessing that's the same thing that happened there. In a game that relies on looks to tell what side your on this really needs to get fixed.

Upvote 0
Bump, this is getting really annoying today I had 2 more of these events.

OFFTOPIC :And the collision system also doesn't seem to be working in all cases, there was a guy on Spartanovka hiding behind a destroyed stone structure thingy and the only thing that was visible was the tip of his helmet, but I still got a bullet between the eyes. After respawn he was still there killing folks, picked up a MG from a fallen soldier and emptied a mag on him, didn't seem to harm him. Walked up to him with P38 and filled his head with little holes, that did work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Weird... I don't remember ever getting this problem though I have gotten team wound/kill messages just after switching for shooting an enemy just before I am killed and switched only to have him bleed to death after I respawn on his team.

I also got headshotted by my own sniper while playing a Russian SL on Spartanovka, but that player was just an idiot I think.

Upvote 0