• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
DarkPa said:
It wasn't unheard of for an AP round to penetrate all the way through lightly armored targets, even all the way through the turret of some tanks (taking the Commander's kidneys with it, probably) - maybe that's what you saw with the clown car.
At the very least it would have killed the engine, killed the crew or destroyed the vehicle.

Upvote 0
DarkPa said:
You'd think so, wouldn't you?
Maybe internal damage isn't modelled so much on the clown cars because they tend to be taken out with one shot? Who knows.....whatever, in this instance the clown got lucky.
Seems the rule rather than the exception. I took a head on from a panther while I was in a BA, turned me red but I rode right past him and kept going, no problem. Did the same thing vs pziii, turned me red but kept going. So the BA can withstand a frontal shot from a panther, but the is2 cannot? :confused:

Upvote 0
Well, I didn't get better at angling my tank from wednesday night to last night. But last night, on Arad, I stayed almost all round (with a single life) at south field in a T-34 sometimes facing up to five german tanks (including Tigers AND Panthers) from both spawn sides and my biggest concern was running out of shells. Fortunately, the round ended while I had one AP round left.

Before that, I wanted to try the German side and I was dying so fast that I said to myself: "OK, then. I'll continue playing on Allies side forever".

And whoever said that tanks now are stronger with multiple crewman (as opposed to one-man crew), must be on something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SkunK said:
Well, I didn't get better at angling my tank from wednesday night to last night. But last night, on Arad, I stayed almost all round at south field in a T-34 sometimes facing up to five german tanks (including Tigers AND Panthers) from both spawn sides and my biggest concern was running out of shells. Fortunately, the round ended while I had one AP round left.

Before that, I wanted to try the German side and I was dying so fast that I said to myself: "OK, then. I'll continue playing on Allies side forever".

And whoever said that tanks now are stronger with multiple crewman (as opposed to one-man crew), must be on something.
Yep, just a while ago I was playing as Germans on Arad, inside a Panther.

There was a tiger, about 2-3 panzerIVs and my panther hitting a single t34/85(200-400m) from every side except the rear, it wasn't destroyed, not even after 10+ hits, possibly 15+.

It was complete BS, we were all going WHAT THE ****. That T34 was killing tanks too. We were hitting it from every angle, it was BS. Eventually someone hit it from the back I think.

We all sat there in complete disbelief, a single T34 holding off an entire German team.

Upvote 0
kabex said:
Yep, just a while ago I was playing as Germans on Arad, inside a Panther.

There was a tiger, about 2-3 panzerIVs and my panther hitting a single t34/85(200-400m) from every side except the rear, it wasn't destroyed, not even after 10+ hits, possibly 15+.

It was complete BS, we were all going WHAT THE ****. That T34 was killing tanks too. We were hitting it from every angle, it was BS. Eventually someone hit it from the back I think.

We all sat there in complete disbelief, a single T34 holding off an entire German team.
There still is bull**** going on with deflection. Rounds are still bouncing off of it at ridiculous ranges. Funny how it's always SOVIET tanks. I had one shell bounce off a T34 at a 90 degree angle today from 10 feet away!

Upvote 0
Sichartshofen said:
There still is bull**** going on with deflection. Rounds are still bouncing off of it at ridiculous ranges. Funny how it's always SOVIET tanks. I had one shell bounce off a T34 at a 90 degree angle today from 10 feet away!

yet that same shot would have killed an is2 lol. something in the penetration equation isn't getting calculated properly.

Upvote 0
Sichartshofen said:
If you try playing as a Soviet tanker you'll find plenty of their rounds bounce in odd situations too. 122mm can't penetrate the 10mm of top armour on a PzIV F2?

Upvote 0