• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wounding

ductape3

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
I know there have been a number of threads on bandaging, but I was curious about how a wound will effect the player persistantly.

In ROOST when a hit wounded, the player would be slowed/accuracy impaired. For example, a leg wound would have an effect on movement for only 30 seconds or so.

My thought after watching the crosshairs video was,what about a persistant supression effect after wounding. Say maybe 30%, like another layer of supression on top of morale, artillery, bullets, etc. A token of the pain that would be caused by the wound.

Its been said that a constant limping etc would cause players to commit suicide to get a new soldier, so this might work instead.

Thoughts?

Hmm... how about a medic?

Just kidding, just kidding...

But on topic of the injury system, I think it would be a good idea if a wound decreased your stamina's upper limit: so you have less maximum stamina and you cannot sprint for as long as you normally would.
THIS. I totally agree that getting wounded effect your stamina, perhaps depending on the severity of it. For instance, how much you waited before bandaging, where you were shot, etc.

I also think it would make sense to have a small suppression penalty for being wounded as well. If I went running across a street, was grazed in the leg, and bandaged myself from cover, I sure as hell would be alot less willing to stand up again or peak up my head up to return fire.

Upvote 0
Hmm... do you mean an increased sensitivity to suppression when wounded?
Meaning if you're wounded: under "normal" circumstances you are... well, "normal" (no suppression effect), but once you do get suppressed, you "feel" it more, and it's more pronounced?

If so I support the idea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry if it wasn't clear. My thought was to have, after being wounded, a player becomes suppressed permanently at a low level.

Yes, hopefully it will work like this. This might lead to suiciding, so there should be somekind of punishment to not to suicide too often and rightaway.

The screen bleeds out a bit, etc.

Hopefully it does not go with "screen bleeding" style, it

Upvote 0