• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design would this make for a good map?

daschewy said:
http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cc3map1big5bf.jpg

Its from CC3, but it looks like it would make for a nice map for RO. I dont plan to copy it exactly, I will definately add lots of things and change things around, but does it look like a nice template on which to build?

Depends on what you plan to do with it. But I guess it's best just to map it, bevause even if it does not come out that well, you will certainly learn a lot out of it.

Upvote 0
where can I dl that from? Do you need to have a close combat game to use it?

Im thinking of adding a couple of more wheat/corn fields on the left side of the river to give the germans some cover, and near the bridge Im gonna make it into a small village with like 10-15 houses, like have 9 on the left side and 6 on the right side and make the bridge a objective, that the Germans have like 15 minutes to capture it or the russians get to blow it up, like making the bridge a mover and essentially making it a destrucible object. Then have the Germans have to hold a kolkhoz on the right side of the map near the shallow river crossing and have the hills with some trench works (much more detailed than in that map) as the final objective. Give the Germans the tanks, some half-tracks, 2 commander, 2 mg, 3 stosstruppe, and riflemen .The russians will have 2 t-60's and 1 t-34, 1 at soldiers, 2 mg, 1 commander, 1 demo soldier and a whole bunch of riflemen.

Upvote 0
daschewy said:
what would be a better balance for the stug/Panzer III?

Well historically IIRC.. (I don't claim to be a real historician here.. so bear with me), the T34/76 was a tough nut to crack for the Panzer III.. the Stug can deal with them much more easily. There were alot more T34/76's out of action due to mechanical failure then combat action.

What I mean by that is of that era, you can expect the KV1 and/or the T34/76 to be a difficult tanks to crack for the Panzer III.

... unfortunately You'll probably need to play with the balance some to find something just right.
Once Ostfront goes live, you'll be able to check out the Panzer III, T-60, and Stug for yourself.

Upvote 0
Actually, I've used CC3 maps for lots of inspiration, and I actually used parts of this very map for the basic ideas in my CoDUO map, "Smolensk". There are some very good layouts for combined arms in the CC3 map family. More power to you.

Once I can get going with the RO tools, I am planning/hoping to do 2-3 'Barbarossa' period maps that would be combined arms. Just want to see what is in there to work with and to make it as authentic as possible. I'd love to watch this one develop.

Upvote 0