• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Would there be good additions to the loading tips?

Salad Snake

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
I know this has been done before, but I figure these are fairly simple and quite obvious tips for new players when you think about it.

"You don't have to shoot the Fleshpound when you see him - If you're unsure of your ability to finish him before he pounds someone, alert your teammates instead!"

"The crossbow is a fearsome weapon. It is capable of causing severe damage to any target if your aim is sharp, even Scrakes and Fleshpounds! Consider buying it over the M14 EBR if you already have teammates clearing out the trash."

Discuss. Or suggest your own.

Edit: Accidently put 'there' instead of 'these' in the title, any way I could change it? :(

Last edited:
"The crossbow is a fearsome weapon. It is capable of causing severe damage to any target if your aim is sharp, even Scrakes and Fleshpounds! Consider buying it over the M14 EBR if you already have teammates clearing out the trash."

Yeh and then it shows a pic of a crawler so people will try to "collect" them to get their fearsome weapon.

Upvote 0
Yeh and then it shows a pic of a crawler so people will try to "collect" them to get their fearsome weapon.

I lol'd.

"The chainsaw has a secondary fire."

Ah, that's another good one.

How about: "As a Demolitions, remember that the smoke you create obscures you and your teammate's vision. Think before you shoot so as to minimize these smokescreens."

"As a Berserker, it is tough to kill a Crawler without it first hitting you. Try to use a secondary weapon or get your teammates to help you out with them. Even with your damage reduction your health & armor is especially precious due to the nature of your job."

"If you have a Medic around, try not to move too erratically when there is a lull in the action. This way the Medic will have an easier time healing you with his Medic-darts."

"Reload reload reload! Reload."

"Always pay attention to your surroundings! Getting ambushed quickly leads to a squad's demise."

"Try not to obscure your teammate's sight lines. Even if friendly fire is off, their shots do not penetrate through you to whatever monstrosity your teammates are trying to protect you from!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"You don't have to shoot the Fleshpound when you see him - If you're unsure of your ability to finish him before he pounds someone, alert your teammates instead!"
Having this frequently appear as the map loads may save my life many, many times.

"The Mac-10 can help you gain firebug levels, but remember that only the fire counts, not the bullet - don't aim for the head unless you have to!"

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
"Weld doors shut to prevent enemies getting the jump on you, but remember to keep some ways to escape from a sticky situation."

"Pipebombs can be a real lifesaver if a fleshpound is charging you, but don't place them too close to yourself!"

"The M14's laser sight provides a good alternative to the iron sights, especially while on the move."

"You don't have to be a sharpshooter to use the pistols, they can be effective sidearms for any perk."

"There are plenty more maps up for grabs at forums.tripwireinteractive.com, why not download a few?"

Upvote 0
"Remember to conserve your ammo with weapon such as the crossbow or m79. Don't waste it on single clots or crawlers!"

"Remember that pipebombs will kill you if your too close when they go off"

"There is a massive variety of community made mutators and maps. Try some out!"

"The flamethrower can easily set it's user on fire. Be careful when playing with fire"

"Handcannons, shotguns, and the crossbow can penetrate specimen to hit those behind. Use this to kill mutliple in single shots!"

"In dark areas, the 9mm and shotgun have flashlights"

"Don't count on instant headshot kills on higher difficulties"

"Suicidal is extremely difficult. Don't go on unless your sure you can handle it!"

"The katana and axe can stun scrakes. If you see a teammate doing this, focus on other specimen, as the scrake's as good as dead."

"Don't be stupid"

Upvote 0
Do you mind if I include a few of these tips in the GibbyGuide? :eek:

I don't think anyone here is going to sue you for it. If they noticed, it seems more of an honor than a bad thing to be in the gibbyguide. It is the number 1 player-made ultimtate composite KF guide (that is also made from a whole cast of different trustworthy people, which only improves its validity)

Reactions: C_Gibby
Upvote 0