• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Would most like to meet

JudgeMental

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 17, 2006
UK
www.icm-clan.com
Guys,
Heres one I haven't seen a thread for. Who from history would you like to meet and why?. To start the ball rolling, my three are :

1 RJ Mitchell, the romantic in me voted for this. The man who created the most achingly beautiful and evocative aeroplane well, ever, and who never got to see it enter service. The Spitfire for any philistines out there. He died tragically young.I'd just like to thank him.

2 Alan Turing, a certifiable genious and definete eccentric. He was one of the prime movers in cracking Enigma. Another man who died tragically young, and who could have accomplished so much more. His thesis for a Universal Turing Machine was written at a ridiculously young age. Universal Turing Machine seem a bit of a mouthfull?, try computer its the same thing.Doubtless I'd be lost after the first few words he said, but just to share some time with him.

3 Rommel, a brilliant tactician, and soldier. Sacrificed for his tenuous links to the July bomb plotters. A man who chose suicide to save his family.In many ways to me he was the ultimate soldier. I've been in the army 22 years and I'd love to get some of his insights

There is no right or wrong on this thread. Its just about the people who you would really like to meet. Sod the politics, dates , personal beliefs etc. Don't get the hump 'cos someone hasn't chosen your fave or slag them off. This is a PERSONAL list. They don't even have to be that famous, or even someone you admire, just someone you'd like to meet.

My near misses who didn't make it to the list

Helmut Fath creator of the URS motorcycle
Michael Wittman legendary tank commander
Mike Hailwood arguably the greatest motorcycle racer ever

We know that. That is why we would like to meet them. Who ever said they would like to kill Hitler look at this picture. This is Hitler in Warsaw, after the September Campaign. Underneath him is 250 lbs of TNT planted by the Polish Resistance already well underway. However due to some **** up it didn't go off. What a damn shame. Could have saved so many people.

f084re2.jpg

Upvote 0
We know that. That is why we would like to meet them. Who ever said they would like to kill Hitler look at this picture. This is Hitler in Warsaw, after the September Campaign. Underneath him is 250 lbs of TNT planted by the Polish Resistance already well underway. However due to some **** up it didn't go off. What a damn shame. Could have saved so many people.

http://f3.yahoofs.com/users/431e49fbz3683e604/d5f5re2/__sr_/f084re2.jpg?phgw3.EB1kzb8.7x

Man, if I could go back to that moment in time. I'd set off that explosive. Even if I would be killed in the explosion. It'd be worth it to save all those lives. I can't go back though. History remains unchanged.

Upvote 0
If you were to kill Hitler you would drastically alter the future and we would not have computers, jets, a space program, etc and a bunch of us would not be here.

That's true too. That's one thing about history. Every event. Good or bad. Creates the world we live in. I mean what would have happened if Gavrilo Princip had not shot Archduke Ferdinand?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1. Alexander the Great---A larger than life figure if ever there was one. Accomplished more than Napolean and Hitler combined before age 30 and led all his battles from the front row.
2. Sir Isaac Newton---I'd love to try to explain the basics of relativity to him.
3. Jesus Christ---How much is true, how much is myth? I'm not religious, but how could you pass up a potential chance to meet the son of God?

Upvote 0