• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Worst World War II (Themed) Movie Ever....

Lactose the Intolerant said:
Recently I saw the laughably horrible Sci Fi original movie, "SS Doomtrooper" (well, on the sci-fi channel, "laughably horrible" kind of goes without saying). Basically two hours of a horribly rendered computer-gen fascist monster that looks like the incredible hulk spliced with a thundercloud paving a path of terribly acted doom upon hapless allied soldiers. Oh yeah, and one of his arms is a gun. Go figure. Have you seen this movie? If so, please feel free to post any banter relating to the topic of this outstandingly awful picture that comes to mind...

I saw the ending It was funny, but i hate when the good guys win.

Upvote 0
Pearl Harbour would have had to been the worst...Even the Creators of South park wrote a song about how bad it was.

Here are the Lyrics.

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/teamamericaworldpolice/theendofanact.htm

The worst WW2 movie i saw was probably also the funniest i have seen....I cant think of the name..but it had a US soldier who had to take an Elephant the same Route as Atilla the Hun across the Alps during WW2..man was that funny.

The Thin Red line is a great film...yes it is slow and a touch Artsy with Poetry and flashbacks. but that is poignant..It really brings the point up of how the soldier just wants to really get out of the war and get back to the missus.

And the Fight scenes are the best. the characters are great...especially Nick Nolte as the Comander.

It really shows the diffrence between Career Army Personal at the start of a war and the Volunteers and conscripts opnions.

Das Boot is another great Movie if you can sit through it that long...I know this from a Submarine Commander i soke to who said it is the most realistic perspective on Sub Mariners in the Miltary...from life to Operating the boats and war.

Saving private ryan for me was just OK...great Scenes...but something tells me you should keep Jewish Hollywood directors away from WW2 films. (that is not racist...i just thing they operate with a byass opinion already made in there mind of NAZI germany.)

Der Untergang...Very good movie..But is it a WW2 Movie?

The Piano By Roman Polanski was an Excellent film...and did have fight scenes. but again more a Holocaust film than a WW2 film.

A Recent Aussie film is Kokoda, It is about the Choclate soldiers and is supposed to be great!..well i hope i have not seen it yet.

Here is the Trailer for those interested..looks good:
http://www.kokodathemovie.com/

Upvote 0
Cluase Von Wittybrain said:
Saving private ryan for me was just OK...great Scenes...but something tells me you should keep Jewish Hollywood directors away from WW2 films. (that is not racist...i just thing they operate with a byass opinion already made in there mind of NAZI germany.)

I didn't see any bias, if you are referring to bias against the Germans. Infact he even painted the Americans as a bit bloodthirsty. IE the scene where they let the Germans burn and the other where the two GI's gun down the obviously surrendering Germans at the top of the bluff.

Upvote 0
I've watched all series of Band of Brothers. Man, i wish our russian directors could create such strong movies! I mean, they could, in the past, but now they make cliche serials with a blood-thirsty NKVD as a must, germans with mouth harmonicas (well, you know - musical instrument) etc.
Band of Brothers is really a good movie, i don't understand all the folks, who said it is a worst ww2 movie.

Upvote 0
Cluase Von Wittybrain said:
The worst WW2 movie i saw was probably also the funniest i have seen....I cant think of the name..but it had a US soldier who had to take an Elephant the same Route as Atilla the Hun across the Alps during WW2..man was that funny.
Actually, it was Hannibal of Carthage ;)

And if that wa sthe plot, it really msu have sucked, because Hannibal took the long way from north africa over spain to the north of the alps, and then crossed them southwards and headed for rome... if an allied soldier was fighting the germans, he would really make a detour if he crossed the alps ;)

Upvote 0
[-project.rattus-] said:
Actually, it was Hannibal of Carthage ;)

And if that wa sthe plot, it really msu have sucked, because Hannibal took the long way from north africa over spain to the north of the alps, and then crossed them southwards and headed for rome... if an allied soldier was fighting the germans, he would really make a detour if he crossed the alps ;)

Yeh your right..Hannibal was it.

I just found out the movies name.

Here it is:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064403/

It is a good movie....but as a WW2 movie it fails...but then again it is not really a WW2 movie. Plenty of fight scenes....and great scenes in the Alps.

Upvote 0
I gotta post here and I think the Euros and US guys are coming from very different up bringings and mindsets.

Band Of Brothers is simply amazing. Not only are the actions scene incredible it really does show you the bond these guys made throughout an entire war, and after watching 10 hours of the movie you get to really care about them guys alot. I mean when Guarnere got hit in bastogne saving toye tell me you didnt get pissed/really upset. And it has some amazing camera angles many of them very artsy and dramtic (one where the camera is between the pilot and co-pilot of the plane and you see the clouds flashing below and the distress calls over the radio and they look at eachother and you know how scared they are) stuff like that makes it awesome.

Not only do each episode have a deep underlying point ,the acting was excellent and it did wat it set out to do perfect which is show and American Company of Soldiers fighting in Europe and it was good as the book (Ambrose=the man) (If you liked BOB read Curahee and the series of books written by Donald Burgett an auto bio of his time in ww2).

SPR is getting ripped and shredded. The first time i saw SPR i was probably 11 or 12 and my parents didnt want me to see it becuase of the all the carnage. But being the gung-ho, history and military stuff i love i got my hands on it. That movie was the first movie i really saw that ever showed how crazy and terrible war really is, up until then all i saw was John Wayne flicks.

Watching it now yea there are mistakes in weapons, tactics, ect. But the whole point of the movie was to show and AMERICAN audience what our relatives, fathters, brothers, uncles, sons went through from an AMERICAN POV. You have to realize that most Americans wouldnt be as interested if they were finnish or swedish or germans or fill in the blank soldiers just im sure you dont care as much as watching a movie about US or British or whatever themes in it. It was meant to be presented to a large audience and show the horrors of war and the bonds soldiers go through in battle. Which it did perfectly, and like others said in the US till that movie there havent been many films like that.

Stalingrad was a good movie but from a movie directors POV it would bomb in the box office. Stalingrad imo was kinda of saving private ryan ish. The Mean and Powerful Nazi Major(im guessing that was his rank) and the "journey to escape the city and the war" instead of just being about the actual battle. IMO there were some really corny, cliched and stupid parts in it like any movie but still a really good movie and had some really cool action scenes in it.

Das Boot was a cool movie and man that ending in shocking and leaves you in Awe.

I hear winter war is good and Taeguki (SP) was a good afternoon flick with cool action scenes and a decent story that was ryan-ish in its "oh now we are brother but now we fight" but it was cool seeing the m1 pwn the MN.

Windtalkers garbage and disgrace to those fought in the pacific. Flags of our Fathers is an excelllent book and should make a movie and hopefully i can finally see what my grandfathers Went through as a marine the pacific. Supposed they are making a BOB style series in the Pacific and that would be amazing.

Bottom line BOB is dominate so far in war movies, charecterization, and intense battle scenes.

Upvote 0
sucks1.jpg

Upvote 0