• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Worst World War II (Themed) Movie Ever....

White_Wolf said:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/battle_of_the_last_panzer/

Anyone ever seen this movie? I can't even remember the details that well, only that a single American anti-tank gun knocked out five Tiger Is and then the Americans went away without taking any of the tanks' crews prisoner. This wasn't what turned me off though. I love Tiger tanks and it upset me greatly that the movie tried to pass off Patton tanks as Tigers. Maybe not the worst movie, I couldn't bare watching a singe Tiger/Patton prowl around behind American lines aimlessly and not get caught and so I turned it off, but fairly close.

Haven't seen it, but the M1 Abrams on the cover makes it look like a really promising World War Two movie.

Upvote 0
regarding The Thin Red Line,

it is by far the best ww2 movie concerning the people in it.
the characters are believable, and the many many cameos show the high reputation of director terence malick (scenes with Bill Pullman, Gary Oldman, Lukas Haas, Viggo Mortensen, and Mickey Rourke were cut; original length was 6 hours!!)
I agree that this flic is a modern piece of art as well. just take a look at the scenery, which was all shot with sunlight and no extra lighting.
some might argue it is lengthy and boring, but then you didnt get the point of the movie.

SPR is a popcorn ww2 movie, fun to watch, but nothing more. the thin red line would have gotten several of its 7 oscar nominations, it would not have been released the same year as SPR. (best movie nominees were SPR, TTRL, and Shakespeare in Love which got the oscar...)

Upvote 0
[1.GJgr] Hptmn. Kraatz said:
From my little bit of German, I think he was actually telling him that everything was going to be ok while he stabbed him(backed up by what my German teacher told me, of course he could have lied because he didnt want to say what he really said)
According to imdb.com:
"SPOILER: As the German soldier stabs Mellish to death, he says: "Gib' auf, du hast keine Chance! Lass' uns ein Ende machen es ist so viel leichter f

Upvote 0
Okay, here is Steamboat Willie, the German who is captrued, let go, kills Miller at the end, and is then killed by the man who showed mercy upon him earlier.
PDVD_054.jpg

Here is the soldier who kills Mellish and the guy with the red beard in the cafe
PDVD_053.jpg

As you can see, not the same actor.

Upvote 0
Bolt said:
Now that i think of it, "They fought for Motherland" is in colour, but i really don't remember for sure.. It was shot in 70's, so it could be in colour..
BTW, vostrikoff, you should wait for May, you'll see that (and many more!) movie on TV not once, and not even twice - every channel will show it.

Yea pretty much in coulour, i live in the west now so I doubt theyll show that, ill try and get it and watch it,

Upvote 0
Tora Tora Tora is vastly superior, the special effects are actually very well done, so good infact I was suprised, The acting is good enough (The Japanese actors seem really lifelike but since I don't speak Japanese they may be just as campy as their American counterparts) and the film portrays the Japanese in an intelligent and respectful light.

Upvote 0