• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Worst World War II (Themed) Movie Ever....

Lactose the Intolerant

Apr 20, 2006
Recently I saw the laughably horrible Sci Fi original movie, "SS Doomtrooper" (well, on the sci-fi channel, "laughably horrible" kind of goes without saying). Basically two hours of a horribly rendered computer-gen fascist monster that looks like the incredible hulk spliced with a thundercloud paving a path of terribly acted doom upon hapless allied soldiers. Oh yeah, and one of his arms is a gun. Go figure. Have you seen this movie? If so, please feel free to post any banter relating to the topic of this outstandingly awful picture that comes to mind...

Lactose the Intolerant said:
Recently I saw the laughably horrible Sci Fi original movie, "SS Doomtrooper" (well, on the sci-fi channel, "laughably horrible" kind of goes without saying). Basically two hours of a horribly rendered computer-gen fascist monster that looks like the incredible hulk spliced with a thundercloud paving a path of terribly acted doom upon hapless allied soldiers. Oh yeah, and one of his arms is a gun. Go figure. Have you seen this movie? If so, please feel free to post any banter relating to the topic of this outstandingly awful picture that comes to mind...

Yea I saw that too. I also taped it so I could show all my friends how bad it was. There are to many things in the movie that sucked for me to name right now but I will give a summary of them because I am bored.
-They actually brought in a Soviet T-34, painted a Swastika on it and played it off as a German tank. Then the "Hulk thing" was such poor CGI it looked like a 12 year old made it. The acting and dialog was such ***** here is one quote from one guy when he sees the hulk, "That is not like any Kraut I've every seen".

Oh belive me I could go on for pages about all the errors, bad CGI, writing, acting, directing, etc. I swear Sci-Fi make their movies badly for some

Other movies that suck:
U571
Pearl Harbor
Enemy at the Gates
Nefarious reason.

Upvote 0
That movie with Harisson Ford, where they're blowing up that dam. There the germans have got T34/85s :rolleyes:
First I thought, hey, those are probably just a few Panzer 737(r). Then I saw, that the tank crew was wearing russian headgear and russian uniforms. In the same movie, at the end there also were russians. Those were wearing german uniforms and had K98ks, the only thing which made them russian, was a hat with a red star on it. How can someone just make such a crappy and historically inaccurate movie?

Upvote 0
Seems like you'd like a lot of realism, in a WW2 movie(where modern day people PRETEND to be soldiers from that war). Also, why has noone mentioned that MAYBE, just maybe, the studio isnt able to find the actual type of tanks for both sides, or does find them, but not enough of them, or (as they are on a budget, and time is money), they cant get them soon enough to stay on schedule. I liked most of those movies, didnt see Doomtrooper, looked stupid, but might be something to watch if really bored.

Upvote 0
SargeDC said:
Kelly's Heroes....no others compare :D

Ya Sarge Id have to agree with you on Kelly's Heroes. That movie is like the 60's in the 40's. I mean the tankers are drug-addicted hippies for god sakes! And the tank has a loudspeaker playing, none other than 50's country music! 50's country music, in the 40's! Impossible, some would say. But no, Kelly's Heroes goes there....

Upvote 0